The vet was out and took blood and we're waiting for results. I don't know if I can do this again and I need your help please. It's like he's fading before my eyes. I'm having to force feed him now. He's on antibiotics in case it's an infection. It could also be kidneys or liver. The vet says one kidney felt smaller. Another possibility is a mass.
I honestly don't know if I can bear to lose another baby so soon after Babycakes. Are any of the pootie people anywhere near Schenectady, NY. I need support badly and my family is no help at all with things likes this. Thank you.
Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM PT: I'm sorry to say that I had to put my Junior to sleep yesterday. He'd gotten fatty liver disease from not eating enough. The force feeding was apparently not enough. He would have had to go on a feeding tube for several weeks and medication just for that. That's not even dealing with whatever was wrong that was causing him to not eat. The guesses were cancer or possibly diabetes. I decided not to put him through all of that plus the tests and treatment for the underlying disease as the doctor said even after all of that his condition would be guarded at best. Just as with Babycakes, I have no idea if I did the right thing and I'll always believe on some level I've betrayed them but I hope he's out of pain and at peace.