Of course we have all seen this video because it was featured on the front page last night (as well as the front page of Huffington Post, who broke the story.
In the clip, Paul Ryan, speaking at The American Spectator's 2011 Robert L. Bartley Gala Dinner, suggests that 30% of the country "want the welfare state" while the other 70% "want the American dream."
This is news.
Mitt Romney, whose already flailing campaign was torpedoed by a hidden camera video of him claiming 47% of the country are "victims" who don't take personal responsibility for their lives, has chosen as his running mate a man who said essentially the same thing just a year ago. In a public forum, no less.
So why is this video not all over the mainstream video? Is it still too early, and we'll see it pop up today or later this week? Or are they wary of "piling on" and therefore holding back?
Or was the scary "Obama is Black!" Drudge/Hannity tape a tactic aimed at appealing to the desire for false equivalency and the MSM will simply ignore both tapes out of "fairness?"