- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The Plutocrat attacks!:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- The exit poll reduction: Pennywise and pound foolish, by Steve Singiser
- Billionaire homophobes and school privatizers are behind drive to weaken California unions, by Laura Clawson
- Gray Panthers, Raging Grannies and savvy seniors, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Let's not give Mitt Romney a pass on gay marriage, by Scott Wooledge
- Debate advice for President Obama: Mitt Romney will tell a lot of lies, and you must refute them, by Laurence Lewis
- Mitt Romney's win is conservatism's loss, by Dante Atkins
- In Ohio, they take their football very seriously.
- If you can't laugh at yourself ...
Now even President Obama is making fun of his Denver debate performance.
Speaking to a concert crowd at the Nokia Theater here, Obama said the musical acts that performed for his campaign – the likes of Katy Perry, Earth, Wind & Fire and Stevie Wonder, among others – “just perform flawlessly, night after night.”
A beat passed. Then the president made himself the punch line.
“I can’t always say the same,” he said.
- If you're in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas or Utah, voter registration ends tomorrow, so get over here and sign up!
- Who knew?
Men running for high office spend a lot more time — and money — than they'd like you to think on their makeup.
All of them, at least, other than Joe Biden, a makeup skeptic who has only one rule, according to a makeup artist who worked with him: Don't touch the hair. [...]
And while makeup application for male politicians may still be under the radar, it’s not exactly a secret. According to a 2007 Politico article, Romney spent $300 on makeup applications that year (listed on the FEC reports as "communications consulting"). And in the spirit of “People” covers the world over, there’s even a Facebook group called “See UNSEEN Photos of Barack Obama WITHOUT Makeup ON!”.
- Being in Maryland, how did I miss this?
- Money well spent:
One presidential candidate is buying television airtime in California, but it’s not Mitt Romney or Barack Obama.
It’s former sitcom star Roseanne Barr, who is running as the Peace and Freedom Party’s presidential candidate.
Media tracking sources tell ABC News that Barr is spending $4,900 to run television ads in the San Francisco Bay Area from Oct. 9 through Oct. 16. She’s purchased time on cable stations like CNN, MSNBC, TBS, the Country Music Channel and Comedy Central.
The legendary alligators who once lurked in New York City’s sewer system have moved to the suburbs. Five alligators have been found wandering Long Island communities in recent days, and unlike their mythical city-slicker brethren, nobody doubts their existence.
- On Friday, the Supreme Court granted certiorari in McBurney v Young, which raises the question of whether states can prevent out-of-state residents from having access to their public records under state freedom of information laws. DailyKos participated in an amicus brief urging the Court to hear this case. - Adam B
- A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket on its maiden commercial flight lost an engine at about the worst possible time in terms of aerodynamic stress last night. What happened next is an example of pretty damn amazing mechanical design engineering:
One of the nine Merlin engines powering the Falcon 9 had a failure 90 seconds into the flight. It’s not clear what happened just yet, but there is pretty dramatic footage of the engine failure; in the slow motion video below you can see some sort of flash and puff of flame at the 30 second mark (I’ve set the video to start 22 seconds in).- DarkSyde
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:32 comments 45 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 268 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.