Green energy still needs electrical workers, and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers is excited about making green energy happen:
- Take a sick day, get fired. It shouldn't be this way, and in New York City, it doesn't have to be. But Council Speaker Christine Quinn continues to stand in the way of paid sick leave.
- Professional and technical employees in Contra Costa County, California, are seeing their pay and benefits fall behind:
- War on Education
- Is Idaho's Tom Luna the worst state education superintendent in the country? Quite possibly, and his policies are on the Idaho ballot on November 6.
- Microsoft gives $50,000 to push charter schools in Washington state. That's on top of the millions Bill Gates has already given personally.
- Ten great tweets on education from the debate.
- Okay, you probably know who you're voting for in the presidential election. But the SMART union (Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation) has put together a game that goes straight to the issues and makes the choice pretty stark. Worth sharing if you have any undecided friends.