Today a report shows that over 300 victims have come forward in what police are calling a "tsunami of filth."
Detectives said they had been staggered by the number of people who had come forward since the late Jimmy Savile's crimes were first revealed just over three weeks ago.Police are preparing to make arrests of those who knew and did nothing...
The head of the BBC's governing body called the allegations a "tsunami of filth", and police said Savile was "undoubtedly" one of Britain's most prolific sex offenders ever.
"It's quite staggering," said the police inquiry leader, Commander Peter Spindler.
On Wednesday, lawyers representing some 30 alleged victims of abuse told Reuters their clients said other celebrities were involved, while some of those abused by Savile have told the media they were targeted on BBC premises.Knighted by the Queen, Visited with the Pope, a "Star," one of the biggest celebrities of his time...beyond reproach. And all the while abusing little children, ripping apart their childhoods and leaving a devastating landscape that would become their lives. All to fulfill his sick, twisted, carnal desire. And everyone just looked. the other. way.
"We are preparing an arrest strategy now," Spindler told reporters, adding he could not identify who their suspects were or whether they also had worked for the BBC. "We do have a number of other people that we can investigate."
"...other celebrities were involved" - this is going to get a whole lot messier.
Missed Opportunity - Again
As with the Jerry Sandusky case, Savile was investigated earlier (in the 1980s) but there was not enough evidence to prosecute.
...a retired officer had come forward to say he had investigated Savile in the 1980s over allegations of indecent assault but there had not been enough evidence to pursue a prosecution.When are we going to start protecting our children???