- Today's comic is The Republican Rapid Rape Response Squad!! by Ruben Bolling:
- You already love Daily Kos, so why not like it too? Join us on Facebook today.
- Log Cabin Republicans aren't very bright, are they?
[O]n Oct. 25, Kevin and Don tweeted from their joint Twitter account that they were leaving the group: "@LogCabinGOP Please accept our resignation from #LogCabin effective immediately." The reason? The group's endorsement of Mitt Romney. [...]
The group announced its qualified endorsement of Romney on Oct. 23, stating, "There has been discussion about whether we, as members of Log Cabin Republicans, are LGBT first or Republican first. Ultimately, we believe the answer is neither. We are Americans first, and as such, must stand for what we believe is right for our country."
In its statement, the group added that if "LGBT issues are a voter's highest or only priority, then Governor Romney may not be that voter's choice."
- This is happening:
- Oh sure. Nothing wrong with this:
A southwest Rochester woman said she doesn’t see any problem with a politically oriented display in her yard in which a chair is suspended from a tree by a noose, with a bayonet and rifle stuck in the side of the chair — a reference to President Obama.
“It’s been there for a month,” said Laura Mulholland on Tuesday when asked about the display outside her house at 3005 40th St. S.W. "I'm not sure why everyone is up in arms about it."
Mulholland said she and her husband, Kevin Mulholland, got the idea for displaying an empty chair after watching actor Clint Eastwood’s speech at the Republican National Convention, where he had an imaginary conversation with Obama.
- Check out these amazing photos of the damage done by Hurricane Sandy.
- A real man of God, this guy:
Last April, Bishop Daniel Jenky, a Catholic bishop from Illinois, delivered a homily claiming that President Obama “now seems intent on following a similar path” to Adolf Hitler because of his “radical, pro abortion and extreme secularist agenda.” On Wednesday, he came within a hair of ordering every priest under his supervision to campaign for Mitt Romney.
Princess Leia is one of the original Star Wars trilogy's strongest legacies. And as Disney reboots the franchise, starting with Episode VII, it should recognize that women, as much as farmboys from Tatooine with a penchant for bullseying womp rats, are Star Wars' secret weapon.
- The Kagro in the Morning polling & punditry roundups with Greg Dworkin are back online! We discussed Chris Christie's cooperation with President Obama, the strange-sounding-but-explainable call of "toss-up" for OH, the punditry's ongoing love affair with "The Narrative," and Republicans' clinging to "The Math." But is "The Math" really just code for "we're cheating"? Plus, more on the astonishing idiocy of attacks on Nate Silver, and Dick Morris has finally written The Dumbest Thing Ever. Vote for us for Best New Show in the Stitcher Awards, once a day thru Nov. 5!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
JekyllnHyde, Angie in WA State, eeff, Eyesbright, JeffW, Cordwainer, TomFromNJ, politicalceci, DrJohnB, wintergreen8694, Jantman, DRo, 2thanks
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 716 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12437)
- Black Kos (3702)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41610)
- Equal Pay (641)
- Feminism (3432)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14345)
- Planned Parenthood (2908)
- Rape (4529)
- Sarah Palin (15994)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1588)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5541)
- Women (5828)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.