The campaign is training 34,000 volunteers to fan out in swing states across the country and monitor for voter fraud. http://thinkprogress.org/...
... Romney poll watchers are being trained to watch for voters who show up without a photo ID, even though no voter ID law exists in the state. http://www.dailykos.com/...
At one point, for example, it says that convicted felons are ineligible to vote in Wisconsin. Not exactly true, according to Reid Magney, spokesman for the state’s Government Accountability Board, which administers elections. Felons who are out prison and have completed probation can vote, he said.
Trainees are also encouraged not to disclose their affiliation with Romney and Republicans, and to sign in at polls as a “concerned citizen.”
Obama absentee ballots being rejected due to "invalid" signature and not letting the voter attempt to vote again http://www.dailykos.com/...
Mitt Romney is going to train 34,000 right-wing nuts to yell, call lawyers, and go nuts every time they see a potential Obama supporter. They will primarily be located in heavy democratic turnout polling areas.
What is Romney's goal with this?
1) Voter suppression. Let's say those 34,000 Romney poll watchers throw the red flag and go nuts on about every 1 in 5 person who looks like they support Obama. That would turn a 1 hour wait at the polling station to several hours or more.
2) Vote nullification. Get lawyers involved and you're looking at longer waits and provisional ballots that might not be counted ever.
3) Election uncertainty and recounts. Let's say the election does come down to Ohio. A conversion of the above voters into provisional ballots increases the likelihood of a recount and delay of election results. In a GOP controlled state like Ohio that is bad news.
Romney, Karl Rove, and their billionaire friends have had no shame this entire campaign. They are going to do everything they can to suppress the vote, just like they have in the past. Why would they train 34,000 people to fight voter fraud if there's been less than 200 cases of voter fraud nationwide in the past decade? The same reason they pass VoterID and anti-early voting laws to suppress democratic vote.
What can you personally do to prevent this?
1) Volunteer as poll watcher http://www.barackobama.com/
2) Educate your friends and family on their rights as a voter