ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -Maryland was not hit as hard as other Northeast area states, but our governor wants to make sure everyone who is entitled to vote gets the chance. Awesome!
Gov. Martin O'Malley has signed an executive order to help people apply for absentee ballots, if they are unable to apply in person because of Superstorm Sandy.
The governor issued the order on Thursday.
The order applies to people who could not apply for an absentee ballot in person at their local board of elections due to the weather.
It allows election officials to accept absentee ballot applications that are received by mail on Thursday.
It also allows voters who are out of their county of residence due to the storm to make a late application. That would include voters such as National Guard members, utility workers, first responders and voters who sought temporary shelter
Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/...
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Linda S
- I cannot speak for all black men, and certainly not for all black women. I can only speak to my own experience this past weekend, beginning Saturday night and extending into this week, as a black ...85 comments 140 Recs
- This is a replacement diary for the one that was launched prematurely ... This is the game of the weekend for me, being a Ravens fan. I wish I knew which of the Ravens' personalities was going to ...92 comments 6 Recs
- This is a brief clip from the Thom Hartmann show, which explains why Democratic Socialism is actually a good and necessary instrument for a free society; its true meaning has been demonized by the ...22 comments 10 Recs
- Oh. My. God. Look at the lines! They're lined up for blocks! They've camped out!12 comments 37 Recs
- I know some of you would like to help on election day but simply can't due to jobs, kids etc . . . So here are four easy things you can do from home. 1) Make a list of everyone you know who ...12 comments 11 Recs
- I know graphics-heavy diaries are expected here. But there are several people who I know read me and I know are on dial-up. I apologize for the lack of visual aids, but I prefer to keep my diaries ...295 comments 324 Recs
- Mitt Romney made his comments tonight on 60 Minutes Hot damn, he is the gift that keeps on giving: Pelley: Now, you made on your investments, personally, about $20 million last ...348 comments 96 Recs
- Poetic justice. FiredUpInCa has a Diary up confirming that the person responsible for facilitating the release of the now-infamous Romney video is none other than James Carter IV, the grandson of ...228 comments 657 Recs
- Welcome, friends. The purpose of this regular series is to promote enthusiasm and action among Daily Kos members. Romney will very likely out-fundraise President Obama. However, we believe that ...80 comments 63 Recs
- Hey everyone, I met with DC area kossacks a couple weekends back in Silver Spring. Let's organize something for Baltimore area ones.33 comments 10 Recs
Linda S's Tags
- No current results.
Linda S's Blogroll
- No current results.