- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is This is not a test:
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Go, Galt, Go, by Mark Sumner
- 500 reasons to vote against Mitt Romney (and for Barack Obama), by Georgia Logothetis
- What's At Stake: The Supreme Court, by Armando
- The truth behind Frank Schubert's deceptive multi-state anti-equality ad, by Scott Wooledge
- Kids vote and re-elect Barack Obama, by Denise Oliver Velez
- If you care about the economy, look to Europe and vote for Obama, by Laurence Lewis
- Leave it all on the road and make sure the road is clear for others, by Shanikka
- Mitt Romney by the numbers, by Jon Perr
- You already love Daily Kos, so why not like it too? Join us on Facebook today.
- Just for fun: A video of Romney supporters, explaining how Obama is a terrorist sympathizer, a communist, Kenyan, Muslim, socialist who hates America ... oh, and how he's so divisive with all of his hateful speech.
- Cory Booker outdoes Cory Booker:
Newark Mayor Cory Booker took his constituent outreach a step further Thursday when he invited citizens left powerless by superstorm Sandy to stop by his house to recharge their batteries.
“Please let any1 on Homestead know they can come 2 my house & use the spare apt on 1st floor 2 relax, get warm, charge up etc,” the Democratic mayor and President Barack Obama surrogate, tweeted.
“There is someone at my house now…I’ve got space u can relax in, charge devices & even a working DVD player. Come by,” he said. [...]
The group at Booker’s apartment appeared to expand throughout the day.
“I’m having lunch delivered for the 12 or so of you hanging at my place,” he tweeted.
- More of this:
A Maryland priest bucked the Vatican — and his own archbishop — Sunday by telling his parishioners that he sees a future in which the Roman Catholic Church could recognize "the total, exclusive and permanent union of gay and lesbian couples as part of the sacrament of matrimony."
- Vice President Joe Biden appeared on Thursday's "Late Night with David Letterman" and gave the Top 10 reasons to vote early. So read this, laugh, and then get out and vote:
10. I'm not saying each early voter gets a free cheeseburger, but I'm not saying they don't either.
9. It's vastly more effective than voting late.
8. You know who votes early? People with a backbone like a ramrod.
7. At a less crowded polling center, there’s plenty of room to stretch out, linger and relax.
6. If you vote early, you don’t have to pay taxes. I’m sorry – I’m being told that’s not accurate.
5. Single and looking to mingle? Find that someone special in the early voting line.
4. Of course, there's the open bar.
3. Not exercising your right to vote is malarkey – it's literally malarkey.
2. Early voters will receive a $5 million donation from Donald Trump.
1. Honestly, don't you want this election over already?
- Speaking of voting, The Onion has a handy-dandy election FAQ to answer all of your voting questions. My favorite:
Where can I find out election results?
Open your window. If you hear gunshots and the wails of starving babies, the other guy won.
- Everybody is ready for election day:
Thousands of lawyers from both presidential campaigns will enter polling places next Tuesday with one central goal: tracking their opponents and, if need be, initiating legal action. It will be a kind of Spy vs. Spy.
The lawyers will note how poll workers behave, where voters are directed, if intimidation appears to be occurring, whether lines are long. And they will report up a chain of command where decisions over court action will be made at headquarters in Chicago and Boston.
- Finally! Every lunatic conspiracy theory about President Obama in one nifty diagram.
- Amy Klobuchar's secret life?
- Don't forget that you get an extra hour of sleep this Sunday—so set those clocks back one hour before you hit the sack on Saturday night (unless you're in Hawaii or most of Arizona).
- Today's Kagro in the Morning show had a great extended segment today with Greg Dworkin & Tim Lange (aka Meteor Blades) on the air together for most of our first hour! We talked last minute polling, gut/narrative vs. data, more Nate Silver, the breakthrough Business Week "It's Global Warming, Stupid" cover, the October jobs numbers, and much more. Don't forget to vote for us as Best New Show in the Stitcher Awards! Vote 1x/day through Nov. 5!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, eeff, randallt, Lisa Lockwood, Im with Rosey, glbTVET, olo, Cordwainer, divineorder, ericlewis0, pb3550
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:29 comments 45 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 266 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.