As we close out this campaign that will determine what lies in store for all of us in the future, a couple of FDR's many sage phrases came to mind. First, in his Second Inaugural Address, FDR laid out the test this country still struggles to pass, and will fail again if we do not succeed in re-electing President Obama and increasing the number of progressive legislators in Congress. As FDR said: "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." That is precisely the test Mr. Romney, Mr. Ryan and their fellow Republican travelers completely and utterly fail in their embrace of the morally-bankrupt philosophy of Ayn Rand. We can only pass the test of progress by continuing and improving Obamacare, preserving Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, and restoring some level of sanity to our tax structure. And that will only occur if the Randians are defeated. Second, in his radio address from October 26, 1939, FDR defined a conservative as "a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward." But we are not conservatives and we know how to move Forward. Moving Forward is the way to pass the test of progress, which can only be accomplished if we head this country in a progressive direction. GOTV. Yes we can. Let's get to hear Barack Obama's Second Inaugural Address.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by CountyMayoDem
- Fair and balanced, kids. Fair and balanced.101 comments 65 Recs
- Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) Okay,110 comments 72 Recs
- A line from this recommended diary . The full quote: The most common tactic employed by Obama supporters, when deflecting criticism away from the president, is to play the race card. But that ploy ...1103 comments 386 Recs
- The only thing missing from this word cloud is "big fat liar" On Tuesday morning, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence held ...51 comments 54 Recs
- 189 comments 61 Recs
- Why is is that our comedians are the only ones who ever speak the truth? Since Carrey released his "Cold Dead Hand" video parodying the NRA, Fox News has delightedly milked the video to stoke the ...168 comments 320 Recs
- The remarks made by Justice Antonin Scalia during the recent Supreme Court hearing on the Voting Rights Act reveal what a scandal this widely respected judge really is. The man is a hypocrite, and ...69 comments 159 Recs
- Look at the lovely rich girl doing socialism! Brace yourselves for [the stupid http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/10/eric-bolling-schools-pushing-the-liberal-agenda-by-teaching-algebra/]: Fox News ...209 comments 129 Recs
- I was going to publish this earlier, but held back with the news that the House GOP may blow the whole thing up. However, after Markos's new front page diary where he states "The ONLY leverage ...392 comments 509 Recs
- Breaking News: Eric Cantor has said that he cannot support the bill because there are not enough spending cuts. The bill won't come up for a vote without amendments. More info to come. This was per ...177 comments 133 Recs
- No current results.