- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Red state spex:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Go, Galt, Go, by Mark Sumner
- 500 reasons to vote against Mitt Romney (and for Barack Obama), by Georgia Logothetis
- What's At Stake: The Supreme Court, by Armando
- The truth behind Frank Schubert's deceptive multi-state anti-equality ad, by Scott Wooledge
- Kids vote and re-elect Barack Obama, by Denise Oliver Velez
- If you care about the economy, look to Europe and vote for Obama, by Laurence Lewis
- Leave it all on the road and make sure the road is clear for others, by Shanikka
- Mitt Romney by the numbers, by Jon Perr
- You already love Daily Kos, so why not like it too? Join us on Facebook today.
- What a dumbass and a dick:
Sen. Chuck Grassley jokingly apologized for calling Mitt Romney a “bad word” a week ago when he accidentally referred to the GOP nominee as President Barack Obama.
Obama’s name is so disliked in the Grassley home, the senator acknowledged, that his three-year-old great-granddaughter thought it was a curse.
“I said that bad word ‘Obama’ instead of Romney,” said Grassley. “Four years ago I was mentioning that word [Obama], not at a speech like this, but at our family home. And we have a great granddaughter by the name of Indy. And she said to me – she’s seven now, so she must have been three then – ‘Grandpa, don’t say that dirty word!’
- Check this out: 60 years of political ads in just over four minutes:
- Are you ready for some football?
The election is almost here, and the candidates are scheduled to appeal to the American voting public again at the last minute, as President Obama and Mitt Romney are expected on ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” broadcast the day before the election.
ESPN’s Chris Berman — who also interviewed Obama and John McCain on the eve of the presidential election four years ago during “MNF” — plans to tape separate interviews with the candidates Monday afternoon. Both segments will air during halftime of the game, said the network, which pits the Philadelphia Eagles against the New Orleans Saints.
GOP Sen. Mark Kirk (Ill.) hopes to return to the Senate in January, a year after suffering a major stroke.
Kirk’s proposed timetable for coming back to Washington in interview to NBC 5 in Chicago after climbing 37 floors in a stair-climbing challenge sponsored by the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. This was the first Kirk interview since his stroke.
- Twenty-six inspiring images from Hurricane Sandy.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:18 comments 24 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...265 comments 287 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 252 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 447 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 179 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.