While Mitt Romney wants you to believe he's a moderate, he's actually the most extreme candidate for president since Barry Goldwater in 1964. While members of the John Birch Society hide their membership because it would instantly disqualify them from office, they can't hide their positions, and if their positions align perfectly with the extremist group, one can safely assume that they're a card carrying member.
The John Birch Society would appear to be an ancient political organization that is no longer relevant, a fringe group of far right nuts who think everyone is a communist and water fluoridation is a tool for mind control. Its power is hidden however, and very much alive. Billionaire's like the Koch brothers are behind it, its headquarters are in Wisconsin where JBS members are quietly shaping that state for the worse, and its agenda is the same as the Tea Party's, a JBS front group. Mitt Romney's agenda mirrors the John Birch Society. On every single issue he sides with this extremist group. He is the JBS candidate, an extremist who's hiding in plain sight. His selection of Paul Ryan attests to this.
How extreme is the JBS? Members had to go underground after the JBS sided with segregationist George Wallace. After numerous bombings, the JBS became associated with violence and extremism. When founding members formed white supremacist groups and members like James Earl Ray took violent action, the JBS was shunned as too dangerous and went underground. Billionaire leaders like Coors, Scaife and the Koch's worked diligently over the years keeping a distance but pushing the JBS agenda. Mitt Romney is their current spokesman. On issue after issue, Romney agrees with the JBS.
- JBS despises the United Nations and so does Romney: "Republican White House hopeful Mitt Romney called the United Nations a failure on Thursday and said he would support a new coalition of the free nations of the world."
- JBS has always supported Voter Suppression efforts as does Romney: ''In my state we joke 'vote early and vote often' and I am afraid the other side has been doing that a bit too much in some places. I like voter ID laws by the way … more of them.''-- Romney
- JBS fought tooth and nail opposing national Health Care: ..."we must replace Obamacare,” Romney said. “That is my mission. That is our work, and I’m asking the people of America to join me.”
- JBS is an anti-Semitic group that sees the Federal Reserve as a Jewish plot. JBS senator Rand Paul vouches for Romney: "Will he talk about the Fed as much or as eloquently as my father? Maybe not, but he is supporting audit the Fed which is a big deal for myself and many of our supporters."
- JBS members oppose taxes like no other group and advocating for Tax Cuts is a mandatory ticket for membership. Romney walks the talk, becoming famous for wanting to cut taxes 20% across the board.
- JBS organizes front groups with deceptive, non-threatening names and hidden leadership . The Tea Party is the most powerful one yet. Besides picking Tea Party darling Paul Ryan as his VP, Romney's positions line up identically with the Tea Party, and they support him universally.
- JBS opposes all environmental regulations and tries to debunk Climate Change: Romney has joked about the "rising seas" and ridicules carbon emission laws.
- JBS is the most racist group to hit America in the last 50 years. They opposed Civil Rights at every turn. This is the most damning indictment of Mitt Romney that there is, and there can be no doubt that Romney is unqualified to be president on this single issue. Besides hiding behind racist surrogates like John Sununu and Donald Trump, Romney's opposition to Obama seems visceral.
- JBS has a structure that requires complete obedience, orders are made at the top and followers are expected to follow them without question. Besides his membership in a church organized the same way, Romney took the JBS Party Line in every single Republican debate.
- JBS fueled Anti-Communist hysteria during the Cold War. JBS member's hate liberals, they believe that anything but pure capitalism will lead to communism and destroy individual freedom. Romney shares these beliefs. He's bashed our democratic allies in Europe as only a Bircher can.
- JBS likes to engage in phony shows of Patriotism, they consider themselves the only true Americans. Romney is notorious for singing patriotic anthems, covering his heart in spontaneous recitations of the Pledge of Allegiance, surrounds himself with the most flags and wears the biggest flag pin, all the while painting the other guy as unAmerican.
- JBS members hate taxes, but they're especially concerned about the Graduated Tax and the "Death Tax". Romney falls right in line. His comments about the 47% that pay no taxes reflects his disgust.
- JBS has no concern for other countries and wants all Foreign Aid to be cut. Romney agrees and says that he would "start everything at zero."
- JBS members know each other by the company they keep. Romney's Associations are obvious. Ask yourself, why are the most extreme right wingers Mitt Romney's biggest advocates? Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Sarah Palin, Orrin Hatch, the Koch Brothers, Jim DeMint, all these JBS members have gone all in.
- JBS is a businessman's group, started by prominent members of the National Association of Manufacturers. As such they oppose all regulations on business including any Wall Street Reform. Surprise, that's Mitt Romney's policies as well.
- JBS attempts to take over the school system are legendary. Members secretly tried to take over the PTA and were elected to school boards across the country. School Vouchers are an attempt to destroy teacher unions and control the curriculum. Romney backs almost all current JBS school policies.
- JBS wants to destroy unions and constantly go after Collective Bargaining Rights and Right to Work Laws. Remember when Kansas was Demcratic? That was before the Wichita Koch Brother's and the JBS went after labor unions. This is what they're doing with Wisconsin and Ohio presently. Romney toes the JBS line here as well.
- JBS has always called for Women to stay at home. You can judge for yourself what Mitt Romney's thoughts on women are.
I could continue on with how Mitt Romney's views are identical to the John Birch Society's, but the election's tomorrow and I think I've done enough. These aren't just political positions, these are positions that are backed by the most violent and reactionary men in America. Romney will empower these people.
It is obvious that the John Birch Society has secretly taken over the Republican Party. The Koch Brothers have assumed the role previously held by Robert Welch, and they punish any Republican who strays from their far right positions. This would be recognized instantly by moderate Republicans like Gerald Ford and Nelson Rockefeller, and you can be sure that the old Republican Party would be forcefully speaking out against Mitt Romney today. Moderate Republicans like Chuck Hagel, Colin Powell and Michael Bloomberg recognize Romney's extremism and are opposing him, that should tell you a lot. A Romney presidency would be disastrous for the country.