Mitt Romney won the state of Mississippi's six electoral votes yesterday, but some students at the University of Mississippi were not at all pleased with President Obama's re-election. Rather than get over it and move on, a group of Ole Miss students responded with a gross display of ignorance.This is your GOP base in action.
The group congregated in front of several campus dorms to protest Obama's re-election. Eventually, a reported 400 students gathered, trading racial epithets and "violent, politicized chants." Several students were arrested, though none are said to have been charged. There have also been conflicting reports on whether or not rocks were thrown
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by DowneastDem
- As the race for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination heats up, one name keeps popping up as the GOP's go-to guy on poverty, economic inequality and social policy. "My views on this were ...55 comments 87 Recs
- William Pfaff, a longtime commentator on American foreign policy, died this weekend . Pfaff's heyday was the 1970s when he wrote a regular column for William Shawn's New Yorker. After that, he went ...7 comments 10 Recs
- I'm in the middle of a training programme to teach on courses run by a well-known online education provider, one that has a close association with the Clintons. I'm not allowed to name the company--...5 comments 4 Recs
- Our new governor here in Pennsylvania sent out an email today asking us to "show the world that Pennsylvania is the place William Penn envisioned: inclusive and open for all." Governor Tom Wolf ...114 comments 194 Recs
- I'm going to focus only on the question of Israel's policy towards Palestinians and the Occupied Territories. I'm going to ignore economic issues since frankly they have limited interest to most ...35 comments 22 Recs
- It appears the the Republicans may have finally over-extended themselves. Their actions over the last few weeks have gone way beyond anything a sane person would regard as civil discourse and ...360 comments 99 Recs
- When Bill Clinton first ran for president and brought his wife onto the stage, not as his adorable blond cheerleader-chick Hillary Homemaker, but as his full-on, professional, degreed and ...138 comments 24 Recs
- I worked at home yesterday; student protesters blocked the entrances to the university that employs my wife and me. My department anticipated the troubles and sent us all home with our laptops. We ...65 comments 99 Recs
- Last week, we talked about how marketing begins with your target audience . While my experience is largely with non-fiction, one of my favorite comments came from athenap about marketing fiction :45 comments 53 Recs
- When the Southern states tried to leave the Union, the ensuing war ended this ambition for the time, but it still simmers below the surface. We need to find a way to vent this pressure or it could ...78 comments 16 Recs
- No current results.