- Today's comic is Does Hollingsworth Hound have a global warming problem? by Ruben Bolling:
- You already love Daily Kos, so why not like it too? Join us on Facebook today.
- This just might be the best ad on Craigslist EVER:
Pickup Truck/Campaign Prop (Wrentham)
Rarely used green GMC Canyon pickup truck for sale. Was used mainly to pander to voters so little actual wear and tear. Low mileage and in good shape- truck was garaged for long stretches until owner needed to pretend to be "regular guy." State of art GPS system which allows driver to completely avoid all urban areas, communities of color and Cambridge. Alignment might need some work- truck always seems to pull to the right.
Several vintage political bumper stickers need to be removed.
- It's the Romney campaign clearance sale!
The man who pleaded guilty to a deadly Arizona shooting rampage that wounded former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has been sentenced to life in prison.
U.S. District Judge Larry Burns sentenced 24-year-old Jared Lee Loughner on Thursday for the January 2011 attack that left six people dead and Giffords and others wounded.
Loughner pleaded guilty to federal charges under an agreement that guarantees he will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Wow. Or should I say WoW?
Despite what the Republican Party of Maine might want people to believe, playing "World of Warcraft" does not make a person unfit to hold office.
Or so Colleen Lachowicz proved Tuesday night.
Lachowicz plays "World of Warcraft" as a level-85 orc named Santiaga. She is also a newly elected state senator in Maine.
- This is the best thing you will click today. Or possibly ever.
- This happened:
Army Private Bradley Manning is offering to plead guilty to some charges in the court martial he is facing for allegedly providing thousands of diplomatic cables, military reports and videos to WikiLeaks.
- Sorry, Fox "News," but:
The New Black Panther Party member who stood in front of a single Philadelphia polling station on Election Day, and drew a disproportionate amount of critical attention from conservative media, was "nonthreatening" and "relatively pleasant to speak with," said a retired military intelligence officer who investigated the man.
"What we observed was absolutely nonthreatening, nonbelligerent, and non-intimidating," Kerry Patton told The Huffington Post on Thursday. Patton looked into the reports of a man in "semi-military" garb that seized headlines on Fox News on Tuesday and have continued this week.
- Election wrap-up continues on the Kagro in the Morning show, with Greg Dworkin joining us for an evaluation & ranking of the pollsters, aggregators & analysts. Plus, a look back at the most ludicrous pre-election punditry & predictions, with a special focus on everyone's favorite target: Jennifer Rubin. Looking forward, a hint at what's to come in the lame duck Congressional session, the prospects of a "Grand Bargain," and How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Laughing at the Misnomer "Fiscal Cliff."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, Agathena, farmerhunt, john07801, Mary Mike, JeffW, politicalceci, annieli, nellgwen, Knockbally
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12434)
- Black Kos (3699)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41605)
- Equal Pay (641)
- Feminism (3432)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14344)
- Planned Parenthood (2908)
- Rape (4529)
- Sarah Palin (15994)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1588)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5539)
- Women (5828)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.