The execrable Jennifer Rubin in her "Right Turn" Column:
* Why did Petraeus, when briefing Congress on Sept. 14, purportedly push the bogus cover story on Benghazi (i.e., it was about a spontaneous demonstration over the anti-Muslim video) when his agency had information within two hours that it was a terrorist attack?
The only references to "purported" briefing in pages and pages of Google results point to Fox and Wingnut Blogs.
* Why is Petraeus excused from testifying further about Benghazi?
He isn't. He can be subpoenaed at any time. But as ex-Director he no longer speaks for "da Company." Won't keep him from speaking.
* Why did Director of National Intelligence James Clapper urge Petraeus to resign?
What should Clapper have done, pat the smarmy Petreaus on the back, congratulate him for his virility, and ignore he had been been caught in a lurid affair with a woman he'd let get so close she apparently spoke for him, visited him at Langley, and, according to the press, improperly had classified documents on her own computer?
* Was Petraeus involved in drafting the CIA talking points and/or in preparing U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice for her TV appearances on Sept. 16, during which she pushed the false notion that the Benghazi attack was over the anti-Muslim video?
BOB SCHIEFFER: There seems to be demonstrations in more than twenty cities as far as we know yesterday. Is there any sense that this is leveling offRemember the instant reaction to the Oklahoma City Bombing was Islamic attack, when in fact it was an attack on America by Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, very much home grown right wingnuts?
Here's Dubya's thoughts when told of 9/11: "“First I thought it was a light aircraft and my reaction was, man either the weather was bad or something extraordinary happened to the pilot. And then I walked into the classroom.”Fog of War --
* Why did Petraeus remain silent when politicians who perpetuated the false narrative for weeks blamed the intelligence community?
Hmmm. Politicans blamed the intelligence community and Petraeus remained silent? What was the man to say? (1) We didn't see it coming; (2) We had (Broadwell says) captured some Libyans and couldn't talk about it? (3) Large parts of the Islamic world were protesting the Mohammad video, and we were rather busy?
No matter how good our intelligence community is, it is naive to think they're perfect.
* Who is going to investigate Clapper, Petraeus, FBI chief Robert Mueller, Attorney General Eric Holder and possible White House involvement? Absent an agreement to waive executive and national security privileges for a congressional investigation, isn’t an independent prosecutor of some type needed?
Clearly, Jennifer Rubin wants another Monicagate.