My virtual self was parked at her usual haunt last Tuesday while I finished up my TC diary - Cafe Wellstone, where Progressive Pixel People hang out to socialize, share information, inspire each other to activism... in short, it's just like Top Comments, Cheers & Jeers, and any number of Community Diaries here at dKos except with shared music and graphics :). Two Kossacks (names withheld until I know it's OK to post their names (EDIT: Progressive Witness and JacksonStreet Dan)) were DJing and both set lists were remixes and mashups. I was in music nirvana! Follow me below the
dingledoodle squigglie dKosagnocchi dividerthingie fold for the goodies you come for after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it either to topcomments at gmail or to the Top Comments group dKosemailbox by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
Tuesday nights at Cafe Wellstone always consist of DJs choice of album to share with everyone - a new release or old favorite, and then several hours of related or just plain good music. Last week's album was a remix of Green Day's American Idiot, American Edit, by collaborators Party Ben and Team9 under the shared alias Dean Gray, and it was absolutely fantastic. As you might suspect, Green Day's label Warner Records issued a cease and desist 8 days later, but the music's survived due to fan interest.
Because I'm a rebel this way, I'd like to share a few of my favorite tracks, and a couple of other great remix/mashups:
By Dean Gray:
American Jesus - Mixes "American Idiot" & "Jesus of Suburbia" with many other songs!By the master of mashups, DJ Schmolli:
Novocaine Rhapsody - Mixes "Give Me Novocaine" with Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody".
Dr. Who on Holiday - "Holiday" swirled with "Doctorin' the Tardis"!
Rock Of Ages - a friend described this as a mashup of every good piece of rock ever. I was blown away.Another favorite is Dance Dreams, a lovely merger of Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" & the Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams", by Divide & Kreate.
Titanium 500 - How can David Guetta & Sia mixed with The Proclaimers and Midnight Oil be bad? :)
Sledgehammer & The Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall & Peter Gabriel, mmmhmm
No dKos musical mashup collection would be complete without RX's Dick Is A Killer. Needs no explanation in these circles :).
Have any remixes or mashups that tickle your musical fancy? Do share!!
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist and/or Comment Formatter. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From Steveningen:Leave it to Bill in Portland Maine to sum up McCain's little tirade over Benghazi perfectly with this comment. Found in my diary John McCain's egg-on-face- Benghazi comeuppance.
From Dave in Northridge:agnostic set the trap and und83 couldn't resist biting in joelgp's takedown of Politico for stepping in a similar but less obvious trap.
From mdmslle:Their tears are still delicious, says labradog in today's hate mail-a-palooza.
From Yours Truly, brillig:In Denise Oliver Velez's Congresswomen step up for Susan Rice, MBNYC details qualifications for Secretary of State.
Top Mojo for yesterday, November 16th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic!
1) Yes, they said it was the lowest increase by LibrErica — 295
2) Petreus' Testimony confirms McCain and other by lineatus — 289
3) They TOLD you the increased cost was by yellowdog — 172
4) I think we need a new select committee... by quiet in NC — 164
5) Tom, don't know if you've seen this, by AnnetteK — 158
6) Bravo, Representative Ackerman. Let's hear by pittie70 — 158
7) And furthermore from the hearing: by Miniaussiefan — 132
8) I really enjoyed that. I saw it. by Carlo408 — 121
9) This diary is arguably your best, which is saying by RFK Lives — 116
10) It was a righteous smackdown by quaoar — 113
11) Josh Marshall is citing a reader by litho — 103
12) Jesus Christ by bink — 103
13) Time for FOX to dirty up Petraeus...oops!...too by skillet — 98
14) IMHO by lawstudent922 — 98
15) My Guess by bink — 97
16) Far Out! by Ky DEM — 97
17) hypocrisy by Winston Sm1th — 94
18) The Episcopal Church is welcoming by FishOutofWater — 93
19) Good point. by TomP — 86
20) The boy should consider it a blessing by ontheleftcoast — 86
21) He is right by Sherri in TX — 85
22) Here is another link: by dweb8231 — 85
23) I thought your employer was pulling a "Papa John" by Ruh Roh — 83
24) Can you imagine him heading up a select by Susan from 29 — 81
25) So by LeftHandedMan — 75
26) Shopping with blacks by high uintas — 75
27) I can't wait for Karl Rove to take out by bluegrass50 — 73
28) he told him to get off his lawn.. by Karl Rover — 73
29) I'm in California and Mine Went Down by smirking — 73
30) Thrice married Newt by greenbell — 71
31) Beautiful diary, thanks. by translatorpro — 71
Top Pictures for yesterday, November 16th. Click any image to be taken to the full comment. Thank you jotter for the image magic!