- Today's comic is Bill O'Reilly's "Leave It to Beaver" nightmare by Ruben Bolling:
- Please, oh please:
Karen Handel, the former Susan G. Komen for the Cure executive who drove the charity's attempt to defund Planned Parenthood, is considering running for U.S. Senate in Georgia, according to one of her former aides. [...]
As a top executive at Susan G. Komen, the largest breast cancer charity in the country, Handel spearheaded the effort to stop sending breast cancer screening grants to Planned Parenthood. After a public uproar, Komen reversed its decision and Handel resigned.
In her recently released book, Handel lashed out at Planned Parenthood for her downfall, calling members of the organization "a bunch of schoolyard thugs."
- Don't you hate it when God tells you your preferred candidate is going to win the election, but then it turns out you heard him wrong?
“So many of us miss God, I won’t get into great detail about elections but I sure did miss it, I thought I heard from God, I thought I had heard clearly from God, what happened?” [Pat] Robertson replied, “You ask God, how did I miss it? Well, we all do and I have a lot of practice.”
- Hostess, we hardly knew ye:
The judge overseeing the bankruptcy of Hostess Brands Inc., maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, has approved the company's plans to wind down after it failed to come to an agreement with its bakers' union.
A Las Vegas Strip restaurant bearing the initials of celebrity financier Donald Trump was briefly shut down after health inspectors found violations including month-old caviar and expired yogurt.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says today's the day to not be a dick, so enjoy that, I guess:
We may have our political differences, as the past year has shown, but ours has always been a nation where people of different backgrounds and beliefs could express themselves freely, without fear of reprisal, and that’s something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving Day. [...] Today is a day to put aside the political disagreements of the moment and join together in recognition of our many blessings, knowing that among the greatest of these is the ability to call ourselves Americans.
More women are chipping away at their feet — a shortened toe here, a completely amputated pinky there — so they can prance around in spindly heels with ease.
- Two words: kitten cam. You're welcome.
- It's the Thanksgiving Day Kagro in the Morning show! It's a slow news day, but we passed the time chatting with Greg Dworkin, Armando and caller David from Asheville. (David, got a Dkos ID we can use for you?) We're thankful for our favorite topics: quants vs. guts; pundits vs. people; "traditional America" vs. the new demographic reality, and; makers vs. takers. Fun to have on in the background while cooking and/or cleaning, or maybe just a decent excuse to plug in the earphones and tell the relatives you can't hear them for the next two hours. Happy Thanksgiving!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, antirove, QuoVadis, defluxion10, mungley, Lefty Coaster, AllanTBG, JeffW, divineorder, ericlewis0, annieli, wintergreen8694, corvaire, nellgwen, aresea, LaraJones
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12411)
- Black Kos (3696)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41571)
- Equal Pay (636)
- Feminism (3415)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14340)
- Planned Parenthood (2908)
- Rape (4504)
- Sarah Palin (15994)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1584)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5539)
- Women (5817)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.