- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Election aftermath:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- We are thankful for you, by Scout Finch
- A war on coal is good and necessary. No need for it to be a war on coal miners, by Meteor Blades
- To boost the economy and the retail industry, raise retail wages, by Laura Clawson
- An ideological realignment driven by demography, by Armando
- State-by-state performance, 2008 vs. 2012, by David Jarman
- Thanksgiving in Red Hook, by Scott Wooledge
- John McCain is not very bright, by Denise Oliver-Velez
- A brief reminder: the hypocrisy of Republican opposition to Susan Rice, by Dante Atkins
- Enjoy (or something) Donald Trump's 50 stupidest tweets.
- This Newt Gingrich news falls somewhere between bwahahahahaha and please, please, please, please, please:
The former Republican presidential candidate and House Speaker said he has not ruled out running for president in 2016 —
- Five Republican Senators who may face Tea Party primary challengers? Bring. It. On.
- Click and be appalled (but not shocked):
- In case you were wondering what Polly Judd is thinking:
Polly Judd is skeptical of talk that her famous granddaughter, actress Ashley Judd, might run for U.S. Senate in Kentucky as a Democratic challenger to Republican Leader Mitch McConnell.
"I don't think there's any possibility of that happening," the 85-year-old grandmother of Ashley and her singer sister, Wynonna, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview last week from her home in the northeastern Kentucky city of Ashland.
- Well, gosh, hope this isn't too tough on the Sesame Workshop:
Since Sesame Workshop announced last week that the “Sesame Street” puppeteer Kevin Clash had resigned after being accused of sexual relationships with minors, the nonprofit organization has been struggling to determine how to replace one of its main creative forces.
Mr. Clash, 52, was not just the man behind Elmo since 1985, he was also the PBS show’s Muppet leader, working with writers to troubleshoot technical problems. He was also an occasional director, a co-executive producer and the puppeteer behind numerous other characters besides Elmo. He traveled internationally to train puppeteers for “Sesame Street” productions in other countries.
- And yet the malls and roadways seemed just as crowded:
Black Friday retail sales online this year topped $1 billion for the first time ever as more consumers used the Internet do their early holiday shopping, comScore Inc said on Sunday.
- No word on why the price of seven swans a-swimming has gone up.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin joined us for the Monday Abbreviated Abbreviated Pundit Roundup. On the upcoming filibuster fight, Politico somehow ignored until the very last sentence that leading proponents and opponents actually agreed on the "talking filibuster." Also, Adam Davidson's New York Times piece asserting that the genius captains of American industry are puzzled why highly-skilled laborers aren't lining up to take the fast food-level wages. Bonuses, please!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
QuoVadis, Lefty Coaster, GreenMtnState, Larsstephens, ericlewis0, Mathazar, a2nite, Most Awesome Nana
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 258 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:34 comments 48 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 268 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.