- Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is The evolutionary path from domestic cats to lolcats:
- The theme for the January 21 inauguration of President Obama has been announced:
Just as President Obama’s reelection campaign adopted a forward-looking focus, his second inauguration will also ask the nation to look ahead.
Congressional organizers of the presidential inauguration announced Thursday that the theme of next year’s festivities will be “Faith in America’s Future,” a focus similar to the “Forward” theme that Obama used during the closing months of his campaign.
- Probably the only flip-flop Mitt Romney will ever disagree with:
Eric Hartsburg, the 30-year-old resident of Michigan City, Ind., inked the Romney/Ryan campaign’s distinctive “R” logo on his face this fall to support the Republican ticket. Hartsburg put the space on his face up for sale on eBay and was paid $5,000 to get the 5-by-2-inch tattoo. After the Romney-Paul Ryan ticket lost on Nov. 6, Hartsburg had no regrets, telling POLITICO he was “glad to know that I did all that I could” and insisting he would never have the tat removed.
But he’s had a change of heart.
Hartsburg tells POLITICO he plans to get the tattoo lasered off, a process that could take a year.
- The first Washington DC Costco opened today, and Vice President Joe Biden was there:
- President Obama has had a fish named after him: Etheostoma Obama, the Spangled Darter
- It's hard to imagine this:
David Axelrod is going to have a lonely upper lip.
Next week, the top strategist for President Barack Obama will lose his mustache of 40 years on national television, it was announced on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday.
Earlier this month, Axelrod agreed to shave his mustache on “Morning Joe” if the show’s hosts could raise $1 million for epilepsy charity he founded. At a fundraiser last night in Boston, the campaign hit the $1 million mark.
- Note to Republican primary voters: Here's what happens when Newt Gingrich loses:
Tiffany & Co.'s fiscal third-quarter earnings slid 30% as the high-end jewelry retailer continued to record weaker margins, weighed down by high precious-metal and diamond costs.
- Best wishes for a speedy recovery:
Former President George H.W. Bush remains in a Houston hospital Thursday after being treated for bronchitis, his spokesman said.
Bush, 88, has been hospitalized at Houston's Methodist Hospital for six days because of a "lingering cough," spokesman Jim McGrath told CNN.
His family hopes he will be discharged by the weekend, McGrath said.
- A color-coded map of the world's most and least emotional countries.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin looks at Medicare in the context of the "fiscal speed bump" negotiations. Wouldn't we be better off waiting until the picture becomes clearer on the projected savings from the ACA? Armando also weighs in on the speed bump nonsense. Also: the Fast Food Forward strikes in the New York area, and how they relate to the WalMart and Hostess strikes. Finally, a look at all the important stuff that somehow gets left out of newspaper coverage of the filibuster reform fight. You'll only get that here, on Daily Kos Radio!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Doug in SF, eeff, side pocket, lyvwyr101, Lefty Coaster, sceptical observer, Mary Mike, JeffW, divineorder, politicalceci, wintergreen8694, swampyankee, arizonablue
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...62 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:23 comments 39 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 289 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...88 comments 264 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.