All of which is is to say that no one should be terribly surprised that intrepid pile of moist journalism Erick Erickson is “prayerfully considering” a primary challenge against Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Old Man Smell) in 2014. We think that’s a really swell idea, if only because of the mileage we can get out of reminding people that the Son Of Erick likes to do things like attempt credit card fraud to “test the integrity” of campaign finance, or to call a retiring Supreme Court Justice a “goat-fucking child molester.” (But it’s OK, because he apologized, and he loves America really a lot.)Who do we have in Georgia? A Democratic Senator from Georgia could offset a loss elsewhere, and The Son of an Erick can be beaten. Georgia is not as conservative as, say, Kansas. It may well be the next North Carolina, and this would be a good start.
Erickson seems to have a compelling reason to want to replace Chambliss, which is that Chambliss “has spent twenty years in Washington and in that time has been complicit in growing Washington” and “It’s time for him to come home.” See? Stark ideological contrasts!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
ellefarr, econlibVA, sebastianguy99, ExStr8, fou, bmcphail, bearian, mikeconwell, luckylizard, renzo capetti, sboucher, Bob Duck, Trotskyrepublican, JGibson
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by blue aardvark
- Denny Hastert Did anyone see this coming? Former Speaker of the House Denny Hastert, a Republican who ...208 comments 80 Recs
- Sydney Leroux is apparently too hard to draw.207 comments 192 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...358 comments 140 Recs
- Chief Justice John Roberts has a lot to think about these days. It's been clear for months that if the Supreme Court were to ...140 comments 54 Recs
- An Open Letter To Wisconsin Women Dear Women Folk It has been brought to my intention that ultrasound requirements may involve unwanted intrusion into your lady parts. We have come to a ...74 comments 43 Recs
- CBS : Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul had some harsh words Wednesday for Republicans who have blamed the rise of Islamic extremism in ...204 comments 50 Recs
- and Sen. Clinton, and Sen. Warren and MoveOn and People for the American Way and Friends Committee on National Legislation and Democratic Nationnal Committee and DailyKos and so many others. But, ...116 comments 174 Recs
- ....that you have not seen or heard in ages and post it. I have found one in the deep recesses of my brain, and now it is your turn. :) Was there a 45 you wore out when you were a kid that you've ...131 comments 39 Recs
- Governor Pete Ricketts (R-Nebr.) today vetoed LB-268 , the bill introduced by state senator Ernie Chambers to repeal the death penalty. LB-268 passed its final reading with a coalition of ...17 comments 28 Recs
blue aardvark's Tags
- No current results.