- Today's comic is The fiscal cliff of metaphorical gibberish by Matt Bors:
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg has long struggled to imagine a successor with the combination of star power, experience and grit to fill his shoes. [...]
In a phone call confirmed by three people, Mr. Bloomberg encouraged Mrs. Clinton to consider entering the 2013 mayor’s race, trading international diplomacy for municipal management on the grandest scale. She would, he suggested, be a perfect fit. [...]
During their conversation, Mrs. Clinton left little room for doubt: she was not interested in seeking the mayoralty, people briefed on the call said.
Kyle McCabe, a sophomore at the College of New Jersey in Ewing Township, has become a condom-toting superhero on campus, on call to deliver protection to students 24 hours a day, seven days a week. [...]
“Some friends and I have all run into a similar problem,” McCabe, 19, said of being caught in the heat of the moment without protection. ”I just sort of would rather people call me instead of going through with any sort of sexual encounters unprotected.”
- Offered without comment.
- Uh ... breaking?
Rep. Steve King may be a kingmaker in the Republican Party, but there’s one area in the Hawkeye State in which he doesn’t wear the crown.
After being nominated for a “sexiest person” competition, the Iowa Republican failed to make the final cut.
King was among about 120 people nominated and vying for a spot on Des Moines Cityview’s “Sexiest Person in Des Moines” contest.
- This kid is freakin' awesome:
She is asking Hasboro — maker of the Easy Bake Oven — to start putting boys in their commercials, so that her little brother sees it’s okay for boys to cook:
[B]oys are not featured in packaging or promotional materials for Easy Bake Ovens — this toy my brother’s always dreamed about. And the oven comes in gender-specific hues: purple and pink.
I feel that this sends a clear message: women cook, men work. [...]
I want my brother to know that it’s not “wrong” for him to want to be a chef, that it’s okay to go against what society believes to be appropriate.
- Who's classier—the New York Post for publishing this picture, or the New York Times for publishing the picture to attack the Post for publishing the picture?
- Attention holiday shoppers! The Netroots Nation Holiday Bazaar ends tonight at 10 PM ET. Here's your chance to bid on dozens of handcrafted items, created by members of this very Great Orange Community, while also helping Netroots Nation do the great work that they do. Oh, and there will be chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. Get out your virtual auction paddle and go forth and bid!
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin reviewed the WaPo/Pew poll showing Republicans losing the "Fiscal Thingy" debate. Then, a wandering bit of interconnected background on the current filibuster reform fight, the origin of the filibuster, Aaron Burr versus Alexander Hamilton, and back to today's tax cut fight, via House discharge petition procedure. Finally, ALEC's pre-fabricated legislation that allows states to turn its prison population into a profit center. Now crime really does pay. The state, that is.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12390)
- Black Kos (3691)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41492)
- Equal Pay (636)
- Feminism (3398)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14337)
- Planned Parenthood (2907)
- Rape (4488)
- Sarah Palin (15991)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1580)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5530)
- Women (5814)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.