If you are from, living in, or have any ties to or just a keen interest in Oklahoma's goings on, and want to be part of using Daily Kos for community building and event planning, we want you!
See below the orange croissant for ideas for physical meetups and e-connections.
This will be a statewide group (unless and until more focused local groups form), but I live in Oklahoma City, so in terms of events, that's what I personally will be involved in. If you are in Tulsa, Lawton, or somewhere outside of the OKC Metro, feel free to post in comments, start a new group, or whatever moves you. If/as that evolves, Oklahoma Roundup will promote and aggregate as much as possible.
Oklahoma City meetup
I propose a meeting at Ingrid's Kitchen on a Saturday or Sunday. I'm game for doing this in December, but if most others that are interested in attending prefer to wait till after the holidaze, I could probably find some patience lying around here somewhere (seeing as how I seldom use it). I suggest Ingrid's because it's sort of cafeteria style and you can hang out there for quite awhile without annoying the wait staff. (I meet there with a group of feminists on Saturday mornings already.)
Anyway, who's game for that? Or do you have another idea?
Team members and participation
Oklahoma Roundup needs members who are interested in
* creating organizing-themed diaries to get the group developed. Should be able to participate fully in comment threads in said diaries.
* creating interesting Oklahoma-themed diaries, especially those that involve the work and events of progressive groups that aren't getting the media attention they deserve
* republishing diaries that serve to promote progressive politics/culture in the state
* engaging readers in the comment threads of diaries listed above
* finding, in diaries throughout Daily Kos, Oklahomans who can be made aware of Oklahoma Roundup, and invited to join.
I'm sure there's more, but that's a good start, I think.