- Today's comic is The climate cliff by Matt Bors:
- This is a great problem to have.
- Good luck with that, crazy lady:
Orly Taitz, the California dentist and attorney best known for challenging President Barack Obama's citizenship, is asking the 80,000 people who have watched her YouTube video to join her for a protest in Washington.
- Nerd bait.
- As digby says:
Here's the thing, once again: all of this is unnecessary. The deficit caused by Bush's tax cuts, wars and recession will be largely mitigated by reinstatement of the upper income taxes, drawdown of the wars, growth(duh!) and, most importantly, controlling health care costs, the best method for which would have been expanding Medicare to cover everyone. We don't need to make this "clever" accounting change that will result in elderly and disabled people suffering. We can get serious about a rational national security policy, controlling health care costs, and espurring conomic growth and stop listening to the disaster capitalists who are intent upon using this window of opportunity to cut the programs they hate, whether the economy is good or bad. (Hell, we could even raise the top income tax rate above the Clinton levels, at least for those making a million dollars a year. These people have been making out like bandits and surely won't miss the money.)
- So yeah. Amelia Earhart's prenup was all kinds of awesome:
On our life together I want you to understand I shall not hold you to any midaevil code of faithfulness to me nor shall I consider myself bound to you similarly. If we can be honest I think the difficulties which arise may be best avoided should you or I become interested deeply (or in passing) in anyone else.
Please let us not interfere with the others' work or play, not let the world see our private joys or disagreements. [...]
I must exact a cruel promise and that is you will let me go in a year if we find no happiness together.
- Just ... ugh:
- Here's a great idea for a holiday gift, to yourself or your favorite travel companion. Netroots Nation is offering a special holiday rollback rate to attend the 2013 convention in San Jose, June 20-23. But you only have until Thursday, Dec. 13, at midnight Pacific time to get this special rate, $245. If you've been to previous conventions, you know what a great deal this is. If you've been sitting at home or work during previous conventions, jealously watching the livestreams and the diaries from your friends who are there, now's your chance to join in at a great price. Register now at the special holiday price.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, a shout-out to #saveMI, Greg Dworkin on polls suggesting difficulties finding solutions to the Fiscal Thingy, besides taxes on the wealthy, where Americans agree even as the Gop in Congress might not. A fight over Boehner's Speakership? Well, not if the plotters don't pay closer attention to procedure. Then, filibuster reform and the myth of the "Gang of 14". Finally, what passes for "bold" solutions to the Fiscal Thingy and other problems, and the "bungling" of "the Single Biggest Story of the 2012 Campaign."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12318)
- Black Kos (3644)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (40968)
- Equal Pay (634)
- Feminism (3369)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14297)
- Planned Parenthood (2902)
- Rape (4472)
- Sarah Palin (15990)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1572)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5490)
- Women (5770)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.