This morning I read an editorial in the local paper imploring Congress to pass the inclusive version of the VAWA. Imagine my surprise to find the author is a Republican Congressman. So thank you Rep. Richard Hanna, maybe there is a tiny bit of common sense remaining in Congress. Since I will be part of your district next year, I truly hope so.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by 4mygirls
- For over two decades, Hugh Farley (R - Schenectady County) has frequently used his position as chairman of the Banking Committee in the New York State Senate to advance the interests of his deep-...1 comments 4 Recs
- I tried to write a roundup of what's going down in New York on Saturday but was thwarted by the internet gnomes that were migrating Big Orange at the time. A lot has happened since then! Here's ...60 comments 97 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- The video title says that Baltimore City Councilman Carl Stokes "Explodes" when CNN's Erins Burnett asked him "Isn't 'Thugs' the right word to describe these [looters and rioters in Baltimore]?" ...427 comments 572 Recs
- The Washington Times reports that the ACLU has filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Council of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) because it's been denying reproductive medical care ...22 comments 50 Recs
- I just saw this tweet and received MinistryOfTruth's permission to post something: Been effectively homeless for over a month now. I have money to rent a room if only I could find a room I can ...99 comments 330 Recs
- Pennsylvania's Republican-controlled legislature is trying to pass a law that would block Philadelphia's paid sick leave law retroactively and prevent other cities and towns in the state from ...4 comments 7 Recs
- As reported in the Huffington Post today, President Obama is saying some mighty strange things about Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I love Elizabeth. We're allies on a whole host of ...785 comments 335 Recs
- We had visitors in from the Midwest (Kansas City) this weekend, folks we hadn't seen in many years. This was their first trip to New York and they wanted to do touristy things, which was fine. Now ...356 comments 453 Recs
- Went on a "Wood Duck Wander" at Beaver Lake Nature Center in Baldwinsville, NY this morning. We managed to scare every Wood Duck in the park to the other side of the lake, so no good photos of them.5 comments 21 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.