This morning I read an editorial in the local paper imploring Congress to pass the inclusive version of the VAWA. Imagine my surprise to find the author is a Republican Congressman. So thank you Rep. Richard Hanna, maybe there is a tiny bit of common sense remaining in Congress. Since I will be part of your district next year, I truly hope so.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by 4mygirls
- The corporate media would like you to think Bernie Sanders can't win the Democratic primary against Hillary Clinton. And they're doing their damnedest to make their own preference into a self-...286 comments 279 Recs
- Hillary Clinton, at a small-business roundtable in Iowa, loses nothing by bypassing the traditional ...263 comments 127 Recs
- Good news from Texas for a change. For those not aware of this story it actually started in December 2013 when Kari Rene Hunt's estranged husband asked her to meet him in a hotel with their ...10 comments 24 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 443 Recs
- GOP Rep. Geanie Morrison sponsored anti-abortion measure that puts teens at risk. Most teenagers who are under 18 in Texas and seek an abortion must first obtain parental permission. But about 300 ...14 comments 16 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. (Ivy) Ziedrich demanded to be heard. “202 comments 565 Recs
- So, having a better working alternative means we have to get our act together? Comcast sued Chattanooga Electric Power Board (EPB)98 comments 316 Recs
- In the wake of reports revealing that some health ...15 comments 55 Recs
- An Open Letter to Progressives: TPP Is Not Yet 'The Most Progressive Trade Agreement in History' By Rep. Sander Levin, Ranking Member - House Ways and Means Committee May 11, 2015 Eight years ago, ...39 comments 47 Recs
- Apparently Texas does not agree. The uninsured rate in ...211 comments 210 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.