Everyone is calling on Obama to do something to regulate guns, but I will not join these voices. The reason is simple. Obama has already received ~45,000 death threats during his first 4 years. He already is the main target of the armed right-wing paranoia. He will not survive being the single person to take on gun violence in this country. We would lose him, his family. Lets focus our call for action on Congress, on the Senate etc. Of course Obama will sign any such legislation into law, but he cannot be the sole person driving this. This is the terrible truth. The NRA and the gun lobby have taken full control of America. It will require all of us to push back against this. I find it really cheap and irresponsible to just call on Obama to do something. This goes way beyond what a president can do.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by tari
- Hillary Clinton at Rancho ...208 comments 163 Recs
- Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...151 comments 268 Recs
- Jeb Bush Jeb Bush couldn't be bothered to appear at the Faith and Freedom Summit in Iowa over ...54 comments 71 Recs
- Right now, on an uneven playing field. Where the rules are different. And that’s why America has to write the rules of the global economy – so that our workers can compete on a level playing ...331 comments 28 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...603 comments 784 Recs
- Proving once again how much disdain Republicans really ...25 comments 52 Recs
- The Everglades face a boatload of human-caused problems, not the least of which is global warming. On Wednesday, traditionally Earth Day although many Earth Day events were held this past weekend, ...29 comments 73 Recs
- 744 comments 136 Recs
- Chris Matthews did what few journalists do these days. He immediately slammed a politician spewing misleading and false talking points. This is important because political talking points have a ...253 comments 482 Recs
- Florida State Sen. Nancy Detert, blasting AFP. Republican frustration over the Koch brothers' rule is expanding ...141 comments 584 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.