- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Respect for the deadly:
- Easy work if you can get it: Rep. Michele Bachmann’s (Lunatic-MN) House committee earned $560,233.26 by renting its fundraising list.
- Did you know that there are more gun stores than grocery stores in America?
- I really thought I had a shot this year:
US President Barack Obama named as TIME magazine person of the yearOf course they haven't named a woman in 26 years.
- Okay, you've written a book that "proves" there is a heaven ... so, what comes next? What else! You go on Fox to hawk it by connecting it to the massacre of 20 school children:
After [Eben] Alexander confidently asserted that the murdered children would have experienced “being welcomed into comfort and love beyond our human understanding,” Gretchen Carlson blithely reminded viewers that Alexander had “left this Earth for a week” and gone to heaven, then asked, beginning to cry, ”Will these children forget, when they’re in heaven, what happened to them?”
- As you do your last-minute shopping, consider buying a coffin from a sexy Santa bunny. Or not.
A Toledo man left his state-issued ID with a gas station clerk who he attempted to rob Tuesday morning, making his arrest quick and easy, police said.
- Condolences to family and friends:
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin joined us to discuss Fiscal Thingy dealmaking and the reemergence of "11 dimensional chess." Then, Evan Macbeth, aka Paradox13, on what it's like to be one of Nate Silver's 538, that is, an actual presidential elector. Finally, still more reflection on Newtown, and how the NRA and its allies force Republicans to be even more anti-science, and how we all lose as a result.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...62 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:23 comments 39 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 289 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 265 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.