- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The year in review, part two:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos …
- Book review: The Betrayal of the American Dream, by Laura Clawson
- 2012 In Review: Grading the Pollsters, by Steve Singiser
- The least bad option: Going over the cliff, by Armando
- The fear of young black men, by Denise Oliver Velez
- The problem with Hagel, by Scott Wooledge
- The national debt? Republicans built that, by Jon Perr
- Hair tearing time for the right-wingnuttia:
Americans again this year name Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama as the Most Admired Woman and Most Admired Man living in any part of the world.
- File this under ewwwww:
It reads like a hoax, but I did some Googling, and prisons apparently have been using “anal” scanning chairs for a while now.
Reportedly the British embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan is now using the creepy chairs as well.
(How long before we have to sit down for an anal exam at the nation’s airports too?)
Oh, the chairs do vaginal exams too. (No word on whether they offer you a cigarette after.)
- Watch your step:
Just about everyone in Washington is worried about stepping off the “fiscal cliff” on Tuesday. What they should really worry about, though, is stepping off the curb: New Year’s Day is the deadliest time to be a pedestrian.
- Drink fast:
Many Russians consider beer a soft drink – a light refresher that can be guzzled on the way to work or sucked down in great quantities before a picnic and a swim in the river.
Hard drinkers sniff at its weakness, as the saying goes: "Beer without vodka is like throwing money to the wind."
But a hung-over nation will wake up to a new and troubling reality on New Year's Day when beer in Russia becomes classified as an alcoholic drink for the very first time.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, it's Fiscal Thingy-mania! Greg Dworkin joined us for a laugh/cry at blaming "both sides" for winning the election and expecting that to make a difference. So just what would the mechanics of a last minute deal be, that any single Senator could blow it u?. Hmm. Anyone know where Jim DeMint is? Plus, our UK friend, Gideon on everything from the NRA's nuttiness on violent video games, to Mitt Romney's self-depricating humor at the Al Smith dinner, to the lack of progressive policy representation on the Tee-Vee machine./
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...62 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 152 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:23 comments 38 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 288 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 256 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.