Well, as we bid adieu to 2012, I thought I'd post some resolutions just for the heck of it.
As we all know, it's tradition to have resolutions for the new year. Why? I guess that as the old year dies, everything becomes new, so one tries to make positive changes in yourself.
So anyway, some of mine over the stale Chee-to:
1. Get back on the wagon and refocus my weight loss. I've been backsliding this semester, partially due to stress eating, partially due to my own excuses.
2. Run more triathlons. This one will be easy. I've already registered for one. I want to do at least three this year so I get a USAT ranking. I don't care how low it is, I'd like a ranking.
3. Be a better teacher. Or at least a more effective one.
4. In the same vein, try not to raise my voice too much at my students, even when they refuse to listen and continue to run around the room yelling and screaming like it's recess.
6. Make more reeds.
7. Save a bit more money. Now that I'm full time, I can afford to do this. And I have to start doing so for various reasons.
8. Get a little more involved in activism. Republicans are about to turn my state into Mississippi and while it's too late to recall them, it may not be too late to slow them down.
9. Relax. I get too wound up sometimes by the news of the day. I need to be a bit more copacetic.
10. Have fun and be young. As the Doctor says, "What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish once in a while" and "Never KNOWINGLY be serious".