New Jersey Governor Chris Christie hauls House Republicans and House Speaker John Boehner onto the carpet for their heartless refusal to provide emergency relief aid to Hurricane Sandy victims:
- "There's only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims: The House Majority and their Speaker, John Boehner."
- "We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did, until last night. Last night, politics was placed above oaths to our citizens. To me, it was disappointing and disgusting to watch."
- "Last night, the House of Representatives failed that most basic test of public service and they did so with callous indifference to the suffering of the people of my state."
- "This should be a no-brainer for House Republicans."
- "This was good enough for 62 Senators ... this was good enough for a majority of the House of Representatives ... it just could not overcome the toxic internal politics of the House Majority
- "New York deserves better than the selfishness we saw on display last night. New Jersey deserves better than the duplicity we saw on display last night. America deserves better than just another example of a government that has forgotten who they are there to serve and why. 66 days and counting. Shame on you — shame on Congress."
Christie's ire towards House Republicans largely echoes that of New York Republican Congressman Peter King, who earlier today said anyone from New York or New Jersey would be nuts to support a House Republican from outside the region and accused the GOP of being biased against New York and New Jersey.