- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Always crashing in the same car:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Two decades later, 'Pump Up the Volume' looks unexpectedly and unfortunately ahead of its time, by Laura Clawson
- You want to compare the US budget to a family budget? Let's be real about it, by Laura Clawson
- Kings and crowns of gold, by Denise Oliver Velez
- The so very charitable Ari Fleischer, by Dante Atkins
- Austerity Kabuki, by Laurence Lewis
- Marriage equality's biggest foe says farewell to optimism, by Scott Wooledge
- Lives of the party: Looking past Obama for a progressive Democratic coalition, by billmon
- Former congresswoman Gabby Giffords—the victim/survivor of a mass shooting—went to Newton, Connecticut to privately meet with some of the families who lost loved ones in the Sandy Hook massacre ... a local Republican (of course) lawmaker objected:
State Rep. DebraLee Hovey, who represents Newtown and Monroe, posted this on her public FB page. From Florida. (Note: Hovey removed the post from her public Facebook page on Sunday afternoon).Hovey claimed that the private, closed to the press meetings had "pure political motives."
Gabby Giffords, stay out of my town.
- All hail Aqua Buddha—or as Wonkette put it, "Rand Paul’s Drunky Underage Son Arrested For Being Too Awesome."
What’s up, “William Hilton Paul,” if that even is your real name? (What, “Ramada” was taken?) Oh, you just got hauled off from the airport to the pokey for being too rad? Let us examine, together, your charges:
When the plane landed about 10:49 a.m., Paul was charged with consuming beer/wine underage, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive.
- Comedy. These nuts never give up:
They’re at it again. The reliably unhinged crazies over at WorldNetDaily have a new axe to grind when it comes to their tiresome obsession with proving that President Obama is not legally entitled to serve in the office he’s held for four years and counting. Their latest gambit involves insisting that Chief Justice John Roberts is violating the Constitution by administering the oath of office to the president for the second time on January 21, and warning that he will be subject to “impeachment and eternal dishonor” if he does so.
- A blast from the past:
- Funny, mostly for the last two lines:
Ed Schloeman's parents purchased four eastern box turtles in the early 1940s, right around the time Schloeman was born.
When his parents died 15 years ago, the surviving turtle, Willie, went to Schloeman, who still lives in the Windsor Terrace neighborhood he grew up in, and who is now 70 years old.
... But late last year, Willie vanished. [...]
Schloeman said Willie has no particular personality, and didn't appear personally anguished over his disappearance.
"You can’t get close to a turtle," he said.
- We hit on a wide range of topics in today's Kagro in the Morning show. We talked gun issues and coalition politics with Greg Dworkin, then the platinum coin issue and Senate Dems on Lieberman vs. Rs on Hagel with Armando. Plus, the (supposed) coup against Boehner, the rash of New Years' "celebratory gunfire" casualties; frackers who are poisoning Pennsylvania, then dumping their sick & uninsured workers on the local hospitals, and; a recap on the "time out" on filibuster reform.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- CEDWYN’S MOM LINDA (IN AUSTIN TEXAS) THANK YOU I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for all of Cedwyn’s friends and KOS associates. I hope each of you celebrated Cedwyn in your ...49 comments 186 Recs
- FOREWORD BY OTTERAY SCRIBE (her father): Her full name is Brandi Nicole Stanley. I am her father. Remember her, please. She never wrote a diary after registering, because she never thought ...123 comments 561 Recs
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 258 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:35 comments 48 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 273 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.