Scotus Blog is reporting that the Supreme Court has announced dates for oral arguments on marriage equality. Prop 8 will be heard 3/26 and DOMA will be heard 3/27. This is roughly what people expected, but now you can officially mark your calendars. I'm not sure this will be quite as big as the Obamacare case, but it has the potential to be[or not depending on how much SCOTUS ultimately decides to punt on the various issues]. I'm looking forward to it with both trepidation and anticipation. Much in the mold of the ACA act case which has sort of conditioned me to get excited about the sausage making of these cases.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
tiponeill, 714day, Wee Mama, Eyesbright, sarvanan17, hideinplainsight, blueoasis, lostboyjim, JBL55, cooper888, tb92, JGibson, PRRedlin
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by shaso
- Frugal A study by researchers at Lund University and University of Queensland applied Copenhagen's cost-benefit analysis to determine whether or not new ...10 comments 12 Recs
- Over the last few days at Daily Kos we've had several debates over editorial content and control as well as guidelines that writers follow. As a site that lives as a peer-reviewed source, Daily ...77 comments 135 Recs
- I imagine you all have seen the current Recommended diary " In Defense of Shaun King ", within which there is much spirited discussion regarding alleged repeated factual errors in a multitude of ...350 comments 201 Recs
- Kitchen Table Kibitzing is a community series for those who wish to share part of the evening around a virtual kitchen table with kossacks who are caring and supportive of one another. So bring ...39 comments 35 Recs
- Hello, writers. Last week we talked about making time pass in a narrative. Now I’d like to talk about a related area, pacing. Pacing a story well means spending as little time as possible over ...102 comments 17 Recs
- This is something we've been fighting for a long time. Say you get a traffic ticket and you want to fight it. You go to court and demand a trial, only to find that you have to pre-pay the fine as ...16 comments 20 Recs
- Earlier in the week, I reported on charges that the TV show Game of Thrones was homophobic . Now, following up on last year's outrage over the rape of Cersei by her brother, comes the response to ...58 comments 4 Recs
- Earlier today, the Israeli press reported that Palestinian and Israeli passengers on buses to the West Bank would be segregated as part of a "three month trial" starting today. The proposal had been ...95 comments 87 Recs
- I'm not opposed to violence in entertainment. While I certainly don't desire any violence in my own life—or in anyone else's really—violence is part of the classic formula for drama. Whether it'226 comments 42 Recs
- Yeah really, you expected that from me, ha ha ha. ;-P I have had the pleasure, ever since I became eligible to vote, to do so for Bernie Sanders. The first time I saw him speak I was seven or ...490 comments 503 Recs
- No current results.