There is a diary on the rec list about Paul Krugman's endorsement for the US Treasuring to mint a $1 trillion There is also a White House petition that was put up on January 3rd encouraging the President to mint that coin. If you think the President should direct the Treasury to mint what essentially is the collateral against our debt, sign the petition.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by accumbens
- Salon's Bill Curry says it very well here: Bernie Sanders really matters: He doesn’t have to win to build a progressive movement Stop thinking about winners, losers and the dumb horse race. Let's ...384 comments 234 Recs
- Three authors of an editorial, " It is time to bust the myth of physical inactivity and obesity: you cannot outrun a bad diet ", in the British Journal of Sports Medicine have condemned the food ...28 comments 25 Recs
- I recently introduced an amendment at the Senate Budget Committee. It was pretty simple. It asked my Senate colleagues to begin the process of overturning the disastrous Supreme Court ruling on ...191 comments 578 Recs
- A great opinion piece yesterday from the Washington Post . First, its encouraging to see that the Post, in a very clear, unqualified way, says what many of us believe: A contested Democratic ...372 comments 274 Recs
- The Salon article title: "It’s time for a revolution: Bankrupt policies, historic losses call for new generation of leaders". ...is a bit much in terms of the word "revolution"; but the main ...412 comments 153 Recs
- In 2009 when the Affordable Care Act was being crafted together a calculation was made not to challenge the entrenched power of the big stakeholders in the American Health Care system no doubt to ...210 comments 134 Recs
- [http://www.dailykos.com/comments/1355926/55353814#c25 Commenting] in a [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/06/1355926/-Reps-Hollen-Slaughter-lambaste-Republicans-plans-for-dynamic-scoring-trickle-116 comments 117 Recs
- Daily Kos ate my diary so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. We need less "hur hur laugh at the Redumbicans" Front Page diaries and more diaries of substance on the Front Page. Front Page ...438 comments 357 Recs
- For a five-month period that ends this week, every single elected Republican in Congress was a white Christian. Let me repeat that: every elected GOP Member of the House and Senate was a white ...67 comments 214 Recs
- Tar sands being extracted There is confusion about the Obama administration's stance on legislation being proposed—and sure to pass—in Congress to force approval of the Keystone XL pipeline. ...127 comments 227 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.