- Today's comic is And a trillion-dollar platinum coin saved America! by Ruben Bolling:
- Thank you, wingnuts, for forcing the White House to have to waste time on this:
The White House officially responded to a petition to deport Piers Morgan on Wednesday by defending the CNN anchor's right to free speech regarding the Second Amendment right to bear arms.
- Okay, so we sort of have come a long way, baby:
- "Oh my god, I can't wait to read Donald Rumsfeld's new book!" said no one. Ever.
- USA! USA!
Americans are far more unhealthy than people in 16 other developed countries, and it’s probably our own fault, experts reported on Wednesday. We die younger from diseases such as obesity and heart disease, and we are far more likely to be murdered and die in car accidents, the researchers at the National Academy of Sciences found.
A man says Vernal police disrupted an intimate moment of mourning with his deceased wife of 58 years when they searched his house for her prescription medication without a warrant within minutes of her death.
- Public service announcement: A Labradoodle is not a lion. That is all.
- Maybe in the future, everyone will be a guru for 15 minutes:
As a public service, I like to periodically check in on the number of self-proclaimed social media "gurus," "ninjas," "masters" and "mavens" on Twitter. Why? Well, it seems like an important metric, an indicator of something.
Whatever it means, this is one indicator that is most definitely on the rise. In January 2013, the number of Twitter users with "social media" as part of their bio has grown to epic proportions. The list now tops 181,000 – up from a mere 16,000 when we first started tracking them in 2009, according to FollowerWonk.
- If you've got money to burn, you can bid on this:
Last summer, then-as-yet-undefeated-congressman Allen West took his whirlwind American diplomacy tour to the Council on American Islamic Relations, which sent him a letter asking him to distance himself from the prominent Islamophobes he’d been palling around with. West, seeing an opportunity for prejudice-fueled grandstanding, sent a response to CAIR: It said, simply, “NUTS.”
- Awwwwwww. Now I want a baby walrus I can love and snuggle FOREVER!
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, an employee of an online gun marketer was shot to death in his office. It's a conspiracy against gun enthusiasts, because if it wasn't, he would have shot his attackers. Or something. The NRA defies God, threatening to block an effort to beat swords into ploughshares. On filibuster reform: filibusters for profit; what "minority right" is really at stake? and; a call for a "listening filibuster." Also: welfare for Wal-Mart; grades for sale on Rhee-port cards, and a truly stupid Fox bit insisting a math lesson contains a hidden liberal agenda.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12306)
- Black Kos (3642)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (40935)
- Equal Pay (634)
- Feminism (3366)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14294)
- Planned Parenthood (2902)
- Rape (4472)
- Sarah Palin (15988)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1572)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5473)
- Women (5769)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.