- Today's comic is Shooting down gun control by Matt Bors:
- No wonder Congress is less popular than lice. At least lice don't illegally download movies and TV shows while passing laws to punish illegally downloading movies and TV shows:
Over the last four months, employees of the House of Representatives have illegally downloaded dozens of films and TV shows, according to a report shared with Whispers by ScanEye, a website that tracks what IP addresses have downloaded on BitTorrent. BitTorrent is a protocol for sharing large files over the Internet. Unauthorized downloads of copyrighted material is illegal in the U.S.
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott abandons Reagan.
- Sad that this is actually news:
One of the abiding mysteries at the Supreme Court is why Justice Clarence Thomas has failed to say a word in almost seven years of arguments. On Monday, when he finally broke his silence, the mystery was replaced by a riddle: Just what did Justice Thomas say? [...]Guess we'll look forward to more brilliant scholarly insights from him in another seven years.
The court transcript confirms that Justice Thomas spoke, for the first time since Feb. 22, 2006. It attributes these words to him, after a follow-up comment from Justice Scalia concerning a male graduate of Harvard Law School:
“Well — he did not — .”
- Now you can read Playboy for the articles (wink wink) in Hebrew:
It’s unclear whether Israelis in 2013 will consider a magazine with nude photos acceptable, either because they are conservative or because they object to the use of women as sex objects, a charge leveled at the magazine since its inception. Circulation potential is not the only issue; there's concern that large advertisers may be reluctant to jump on board.
But the Playboy team feels there is an audience waiting and they're working hard to win the hearts of Israeli men. The team already includes an editor-in-chief, a deputy editor, a designer, a vice president of marketing and a business development manager, while Pomerantz serves as CEO.
All the Playboy-Israel execs know the old joke about people who “read Playboy for the articles,” but they are taking the magazine’s content very seriously.
- Sorry, you people, but Ann Romney will not be on Dancing With the Stars.
- Here's a shocking headline:
Marriage Equality Bill Introduced in Wyoming has Bipartisan Support
- Oh great. Another George Bush wants to get elected. What could possibly go wrong with that?
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show: Nutters plan a walled city in Idaho. Greg Dworkin on new gun policy polling. Sandy relief in the House, and we learn how & why the Rules Committee is protecting the bill from most cuts. Conservative Crazies, from Bachmann, to Sandy Hook Truthers, to yet another anti-gay crusader exposed. A glitch repeatedly pinpoints one man's house as the location of lost cell phones. And finally, a video that shows just what can happen with some of these gunslinging hero fantasies. Can you guess?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12390)
- Black Kos (3693)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41549)
- Equal Pay (636)
- Feminism (3402)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14339)
- Planned Parenthood (2907)
- Rape (4497)
- Sarah Palin (15994)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1580)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5530)
- Women (5815)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.