- protect unpopular tax breaks for the rich,
- block popular disaster relief to hurricane ravaged New Jersey and New York,
- continue wasting millions to defend anti-gay laws in the courts,
- destroy the nation's economy by threatening to block the raising of the debt ceiling, and
- stand in the way of popular gun safety reforms.
Have they surrendered trying to win elections? They are dicks and don't care that people think that they are dicks. They are proud of their dicktitude. They are flaunting it. Those who aren't big enough dicks lose primary elections to bona fide dicks. (Dick Lugar learned that lesson in 2012, Saxby Chambliss will learn it next year.)
They know people don't agree with them, and they just don't care anymore. It's bizarre, and it'll make for a crazy two years, to be sure. But in 2014 we stick them in the minority they truly deserve.