- Today's comic is Gun safety with Harry Hollow Point by Matt Bors:
- It may be easier to count the people who weren't on Twitter during the inauguration:
A sign that Twitter’s influence has swollen in the past four years, Twitter volume during Monday’s presidential Inauguration dwarfed the amount of activity during president’s first Inauguration. [...]
The peak moment on Monday came at 12:08 p.m. when President Barack Obama said “we cannot mistake absolutism for principle” and denounced “name calling as a substitute for debate.” That generated 27,795 tweets per minute.
The head of the Mon Valley Republican Committee in Pennsylvania is facing backlash from his local community after displaying an American flag upside down — a statement usually meant as a distress signal by soldiers in times of war — during President Obama’s second inauguration ceremony.
- Okay, 2016 presidential speculators, start your engines:
Amid all the pomp and circumstance of inauguration weekend, Vice President Joe Biden showed a few of his 2016 cards as he mingled with some constituencies that would be key if he decides to run for president.
- Also, please note, per Wonkette, that the official title for Joe Biden is now Old Handsome Joe Biden, God Love Him.
- Sounds more like a nightmare:
Gareth Morgan has a simple dream: a New Zealand free of cats. But the environmental advocate triggered a claws-out backlash Tuesday with his new anti-feline campaign.
Morgan called on his countrymen Tuesday to make their current cat their last in order to save the nation's unique native birds. He set up a website, called Cats To Go, depicting a tiny kitten with red devil's horns. The opening line: "That little ball of fluff you own is a natural born killer."
- These are the 10 worst cars sold in America.
- Here's a post written as I suffered what turned out to be a massive widow-maker heart attack, the kind where you can be deader than fried chicken before you hit the ground. After exhaustive testing, here's our best working theory as to how I survived it virtually unscathed with zero damage.—DarkSyde
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin on the major themes of the President's speech, 40th anniversary of Roe, and the arc of history. "Gun Appreciation Day" was marked by Americans shooting themselves & others at gun shows, and 90+ elsewhere appreciated guns in ways that killed, injured or just plain scared their fellow Americans. At least 34 died & 65 were wounded in 34 states & DC. Armando called to discuss reports that Reid may be backing away from some filibuster reform proposals. Might others just as powerful be under consideration?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12406)
- Black Kos (3696)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41571)
- Equal Pay (636)
- Feminism (3411)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14340)
- Planned Parenthood (2908)
- Rape (4500)
- Sarah Palin (15994)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1584)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5532)
- Women (5817)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.