Anonymous automated fundraising calls are going out that start with the President's voice; another voice then asks for a donation to support for tighter gun regulation, and promises to send you a Sandy Hook memorial bracelet. These automated recordings never identifies a source. I'm 99.999% sure they're a scam. Heads up on this, in case you get such a call. If you support stronger gun control, donate to a legitimate organization; or if you choose, Obama's new Organizing for Action.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by bcamarda
- (Click to enlarge) Before this cartoon appeared many places, I began hearing from anti-vaccine people. More are sure to follow in the coming days. It's almost laughable for me to have to type this,283 comments 127 Recs
- So I get back from a "vacation" of sorts and sort through my mail. The Democratic National Committee has sent me a survey! It's urgent! The president is waiting for my response. He needs to know if ...261 comments 459 Recs
- Update: We're over 70,591 comments 526 Recs
- Sad news out of Chicago. Author, oral historian, radio host, and all-around mensch Studs Terkel has passed ...365 comments 748 Recs
- Obama gave an historic speech on the economy today in which he answered some of the criticisms leveled by one of his most vocal critics: Paul Krugman. The speech was well attended. Paul Volker, ...293 comments 422 Recs
- If Hillary Clinton gets the nomination, I don't owe her my vote. But I owe it to all of the brave men and women who will be stuck in Iraq for at least another four years if McCain wins to vote for ...28 comments 12 Recs
- Okay, there was a sudden influx today of diaries decrying the influence of "the Jewish Lobby," referring to AIPAC. There was a backlash by many calling these diaries anti-Smeitic followed by a wave ...105 comments 31 Recs
- Although the Senate voted to increase fuel economy standards, the standards are too low and take effect too far in the future. (See below)57 comments 20 Recs
- 314 comments 220 Recs
- 1020 comments 361 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.