Daily Kos Radio's Kagro in the Morning show podcasts are now available through iTunes.
Hey, I don't really know what we'll get to today, but it'll probably be awesome. Maybe not as awesome as the bill the House of Representatives will be working on today, but pretty awesome none the less.
And what are they working on today? It's the “Require a PLAN D Act.” And golly, it's an acronym! Require (a) Presidential Leadership And No Deficit. PLAN. Plus a D. See? PLAN. (D.)
This thing was dead before it even got started, purely for the crappy acronym. A 7 on the Bad Acronym Naming And Nomenclature Assessment Scale (BANANAS).
What does it do? Basically, it requires that the President submit a budget that projects balance at some point. If there's no year included in the budget he submits in which the budget would be balanced, he's required to submit a supplemental budget that includes a projection of the earliest year for which there might be a balanced budget, and detail the steps it would take to get there.
And what if he doesn't? Well, we don't know. So that's pretty good. That'll probably work great, if by some miracle everyone goes crazy in the Senate and passes this crap.
So, if that's not cool enough for you, we'll do our regular news round-up, talk with Greg Dworkin, spend a little more time with GideonAB, and generally whoop it up!
We're LIVE at 9 a.m. ET with Kagro in the Morning, thanks to NetrootsRadio.com.
Listen LIVE here:The Daily Kos Radio PlayerOr if you prefer, why not download the Stitcher app on your favorite mobile device, and search for the Netroots Radio live stream? And hey, when you do, be sure to sign up with the promo code DAILYKOS, and earn Daily Kos Radio $1 in the Stitcher affiliate program!
Please do remember to "favorite" us while you're at Stitcher. We're bouncing up and down in the rankings these days, and the more of you who help us, the more listeners out there who'll find us on the Stitcher network.
Need more info on how to listen, or how to call in to the show? Find it below the fold.
Want to call in and be a part of the show? Call (617)-500-7147, and dial extension 14.
Ways to Listen to Kagro in the Morning:
Your options to listen LIVE:
- Click on the embedded Flash player above
- Go to netrootsradio.com and click on the embedded player or direct link there
- Click on this direct link if you need a non-Flash player, say, for iPad or iPhone
- iPad and iPhone users can download the SHOUTCast Radio app for your mobile device & search for "Netroots Radio."
- Download the Stitcher app and search for "Netroots Radio" to find the live stream there. (Don't forget to use the DAILYKOS promo code when you sign up!)
- On iTunes, find Netroots Radio under Radio>News/Talk Radio
- For Android: try either the "StreamFurious" or "TuneIn" apps
- BlackBerry users, see this guide by idbecrazyif
And here's a new tip: If the player hiccups or drops the audio between the shows, just go ahead and stop and restart it, and things should go smoothly after that.
If you miss the show, or just can't listen live, you can:
- find podcasts on the Daily Kos Radio group page
- find individual podcasts, or subscribe to the feed (free!) via iTunes
- download them via RSS
- find them on demand at Stitcher.com
Things you can do to help us grow:
- download the Stitcher app on your phone, search for the show, "favorite" it and help us rise in their rankings and take over the world
- like us on Facebook
- follow @DailyKosRadio on Twitter
- Feel free to download the show, edit and post your favorite clips for sharing via social media
Thanks for all your support, and enjoy the show!