- Today's comic is Ways to save the GOP by Matt Bors:
- Did you know people on Fox "News" just make stuff up? In other news, water is wet.
- This is one way to look it:
If you look at the history of this nation, we have always had strong political divides - especially at the time of the Revolutionary War and the Declaration of Independence, then on into and through the 19th and 20th centuries.
Sometimes it does get ugly in Washington, D.C; most of the time though, we simply forgot about how ugly it was in the past.
For example, on February 5, 1858 - 155 years ago today - the political scene in the House of Representatives suddenly turned from a parliamentary battle into a real brawl involving multiple members of the Congress.
- Come for the assassinations, stay for the rides:
The Pakistani city where Osama Bin Laden was found and killed by US special forces is building an amusement park in the hope of boosting tourism.
The park has no link to the al-Qaeda leader, who was discovered living in a compound in Abbottabad in 2011.
Instead, it will boast a zoo, water sports, mini-golf, rock-climbing and a paragliding club, officials in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province said.
- The pope is on Twitter, and no one cares:
On the face of it, you did fine. You have been sending out approximately 100 messages in 9 languages, and earned more than 2 million followers altogether. Moreover, you have generated 270,456 responses from your fellow users.
This impressive amount of comments was also used to perform a “sentiment analysis”, to determine the general attitude of the Twittersphere. About 82% of the feedback received was “neutral”, a meager 10% was positive, and 8% negative. Let me break it down for you, Your Holiness: sentiment-wise, your entrance on Twitter has been saluted by a roaring “meh”[.]
- Any Little House on the Prairie fans out there? You'll definitely want to know how Mary Ingalls really went blind.
- "A clean beaver always finds more wood."
Essie Mae Washington-Williams, the mixed-race daughter of one-time segregationist Sen. Strom Thurmond who kept her parentage secret for more than 70 years, has died. She was 87.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, it was Guns N' Meta today. Greg Dworkin joined us as usual, to discuss the curious issue of pediatricians being banned in Florida (and perhaps elsewhere) from "harassing" parents (whatever that may mean) about the presence of guns in the home, and the safety issues associated with them. Then, a Daily Kos meta-fest with special guest GideonAB, wherein we reflected on Greg's analysis of the Florida law, threw out a few ideas for filibuster reform, and even got into the ins and outs of the moderation of discussions on Daily Kos!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, hnichols, QuoVadis, defluxion10, lyvwyr101, PSzymeczek, justiceputnam, JeffW, wintergreen8694, hulibow, OregonWetDog
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12390)
- Black Kos (3687)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41460)
- Equal Pay (636)
- Feminism (3398)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14335)
- Planned Parenthood (2907)
- Rape (4488)
- Sarah Palin (15991)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1580)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5530)
- Women (5790)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.