- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Licensed to share:
- The deadline to submit a panel proposal for Netroots Nation 2013 is this Friday, February 8. Got an idea you want to propose? Click here to submit an idea for a panel, training or Screening Series session. Netroots Nation is June 20-23 in San Jose. If you haven't yet registered, click here.
- Bill O'Reilly lied in JFK book. In his best-selling Killing Kennedy, Bill O made a claim that :
he was tracking down an interview with George de Mohrenschildt, a Russian expat with possible CIA connections who was friends with Lee Harvey Oswald. Investigators looking into the JFK assassination were seeking information for de Mohnrenschildt when he reportedly committed suicide in 1977. According to “Killing Kennedy,” O’Reilly was on the Russian’s doorstep when he heard “the shotgun blast that marked the suicide.”Former Salon political editor Jefferson Morley calls that claim baloney.
- Neither rain nor sleet nor snow but the budget:
The financially struggling U.S. Postal Service said Wednesday it will stop delivering mail on Saturdays but continue to disburse packages six days a week, an apparent end-run around an unaccommodating Congress.
- Foes of death penalty in Maryland pick up pivotal support. Democratic Sen. Ronald N. Young of Frederick County has decided to support an end to executions in the state. He won election in a conservative district in 2010:
Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, the sponsor of repeal bills in previous years, said she believes she will have 27 votes for the bill itself. The Baltimore Democrat said the challenge for death penalty opponents will be to stave off floor amendments creating various exceptions for certain types of murders.
- History genius Barton finds gun facts in novel. The Christianist author of history full of fabrications lifted his story of an armed school-teacher from a book by western author Louis Lamour.
- Donald Trump goes apeshit over Bill Maher slam:
[He]will take Bill Maher to court for refusing to honor his joking pledge to pay $5 million if Trump could prove his father wasn’t an orangutan.
- Baltimore Ravens’ Brendon Ayanbadejo has been on fire talking about gay marriage:
- Elon James White for This Week In Blackness invites you to check out yesterday's "Asshole of the Day," Angry Black Lady Imani Gandy's weekly segment of "All Up In Your Uterus w/ Imani Gandy," and much, much more.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin gave us an informative follow-up with on the complex issues around Florida's NRA-backed docs gag rule on guns. Next, Sarah Jaffe's fascinating look at the "emotional labor" demanded of service workers (and increasingly, from everyone). A little chat about KeystoneXL with yuriwho. Plus Laura Clawson's coverage of the arrest of a construction firm owner in NY on wage theft charges.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
GainesT1958, eeff, QuoVadis, GreyHawk, gchaucer2, JeffW, annieli, wintergreen8694, hulibow, SanFernandoValleyMom, The Story Teller
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- 11 comments 17 Recs
- The Kansas Democratic Party has completed their search for the next executive director of the party, and the answer came from within. Kerry Gooch, formerly political director for the Kansas ...3 comments 7 Recs
- That is all.23 comments 19 Recs
- Welcome! " The Evening Blues" is a casual community diary (published Monday - Friday, 8:00 PM Eastern) where we hang out, share and talk about news, music, photography and other things of ...59 comments 26 Recs
- Missouri Governor Jay Nixon last week sent Senate Bill 24, "Strengthening Missouri Families Act", back into the hands of the Missouri legislature with a veto. The legislation, which was designed ...8 comments 17 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12317)
- Afghanistan (11497)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (24711)
- Community (90368)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2376)
- Economy (55843)
- eKos (12437)
- Environment (45694)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1195)
- International (14741)
- Jobs (12419)
- Labor (28278)
- Libya (4265)