Dear fellow Kossacks, WE ARE GOING en masse to Fort Cooper State Park tomorrow, Sat. Feb 9. DKos FLORIDA is gonna take the Fort!
WHERE: RECREATION HALL AT FORT COOPER STATE PARK
3100 SOUTH OLD FLORAL CITY ROAD, INVERNESS FL 34450
PHONE (352) 726-0315
WHEN: SATURDAY FEB 9 2013
LUNCH: 1:00 PM
TIME: RECREATION HALL RENTED AND OPEN 9A TO 5P
COST: $3 PER CAR
Please see Vetwife's post from yesterday and listen to her beautiful musical invitation: http://www.dailykos.com/... Sorry, the usual linking method is eluding me.
The list of those going has been static but that's OK. Just look at our list! This is why we're just jumping to get there and have a fab community day in a piece of paradise that is Florida. I make fun, call it Floorduh, Floridurr, but to live here is to realize you're in a very special place -- even though all the nuts roll south.
I'm basking and eating grapefruit in my driveway on Super Bowl Sunday! Tomorrow, we'll be basking, eating, yakking, doing yoga, playing, singing and dancing in temps in the high 70s, Kodachrome-blue sky, tall puffy Bahama clouds.............sigh.:-D Fly past the orange florange.
Vetwife and I send major gratitude to our diva navajo and A New Day posts for broadcasting the news for all our meetups!
Anyway, here's who's going:
1. Brian1066We hope the Maybees can make it, the more the merrier. Please check the supplies we're bringing [in the list] and supplement or bring what you can, if you can. Camera phones for lots of photos (I, OHC, do not have a cell phone) (at all) and music-making things. I'm bringing my tambourine, for instance.
2. Caedy (FloridaSNMom's sis)
4. FloridaSNMom [Pasta e fagioli (turkey bacon), focaccia bread]
5. gulfgal98 [pasta/vegetable salad]
6. JaxDem [plates, napkins, plasticware]
7. KayeB in Florida
8. lady blair [food from the vegetable group]
9. OleHippieChick [cran-raspberry juice, hummus, pita bread, fresh baby greens]
10. Orlwriter [diet coke, water, cold cuts, cheese, baked beans]
12. Russ Jarmusch
16. Vetwife [chicken, potato salad, punch, chocolate mousse]
17. whatGodmade [fruit salad, drinks, cups, clean up--wash cloths, dish soap, SOS pads etc]
19. LilBit (FloridaSNMom's daughter)
20. LilHippieChiclet (Vetwife's daughter)
21. Mt. Dora RN R
22. Mt. Dora RN G [pies and cakes from Publix]
23. Charlie Grapski
Maybees: Just Bob, tommyfocus2003, beemerr90s, Sheriff of Citrus Co., Superintendant of Schools, local DEC member and a couple other local peeps
This is finally it. No more updates. Just a great calm settling over us all, knowing that tomorrow we have only to get there and back safely, and to fill the center of the day with fine fellowship and brilliant political discourse.