- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Professor Droney:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Video games are not violent, but drones are, by Mark Sumner
- A defense of the Obama Administration policy regarding attacks on American citizens who are determined to be enemy combatants, by Armando
- Euthanizing gay dogs for Jesus, by Hunter
- In a system rigged for bosses, workers often lose even when they win, by Laura Clawson
- Leaving their chains behind them: freed slave colonization and emigration, by Denise Oliver Velez
- In case you were wondering:
- Don't miss this great take on neocon tantrums.
- Alaska may be the next state to enact a "stand your ground" law—along with a bonus:
A House panel has advanced what's known as a "stand your ground" bill.
HB24 would expand people's right to use deadly force as a means of self-defense ... That bill, by House Speaker Mike Chenault, would make it a felony for a federal official or agent to try to enforce any new restrictions on gun ownership.
Chenault initially proposed making it a misdemeanor, but the latest version of his bill strengthens that penalty.
Fox News, in their infinite journalistic wisdom, (and apparently by accident,) used a same-sex couple’s wedding photo to illustrate an anti-equality anti-feminism op-ed by a conservative author. This is a story that you really need to follow closely to grasp its full karmic, delicious beauty.
- This won't end well:
Steven Seagal: gift that keeps on giving.
Seagal, a burly martial arts expert turned actor, guided 48 volunteers through various aspects of responding to a shooting, including room-to-room searches, and critiqued their work.Does actor Steven Seagal have any real tactical training, you might wonder? Well, he is trained in aikido, and we’re not experts or anything, but aikido seems to have limited applicability when it comes to taking down an armed, active shooter who may or may not have hollow-point bullets and a military-style assault weapon. And he has been a deputy sheriff on a reality TV show, but there is no mention of any rigorous training program for deputy sheriffs or for playing on one on reality TV. But we are just bloggers, tapping away at our computers from the comfort of our mother’s basements, so what do we know?
“I am here to try to teach the posse firearms and martial arts to try to help them learn how to respond quicker and help protect our children,” Seagal said.
A couple of Ron Paul’s supporters used their God-given autonomy and the free market to boldly register ronpaul.com a few years ago. Now, Ron wants it back. The domain owners have made him a fair offer — they’ll give him ronpaul.org, but if he wants ronpaul.com, that’ll be $250K (or 145 Kruggerrands, or 8,234,888,422 Ameros).
In response, Paul filed a complaint to with the WIPO, the organization that deals with domain name disputes, or as ronpaul.com’s authors call it, a UN Tribunal.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin noted that Republicans still haven't wrapped their heads around losing the election. That gave us a chance for a little explainer on what remains of the Senate hold, and the attempt to block Hagel & Brennan. And just for fun, did the blizzard have 2016 implications? Then, #GunFAIL and a nod to the New York Times & NBC news for stepping up their coverage. Armando reminded us today's the 7th anniversary of Harry Whittington unconscionably putting his face in the way of Dick Cheney's shotgun. Breaking news of the shooting in Delaware broke into the discussion as well.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 131 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 58 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.