- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Professor Droney:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Video games are not violent, but drones are, by Mark Sumner
- A defense of the Obama Administration policy regarding attacks on American citizens who are determined to be enemy combatants, by Armando
- Euthanizing gay dogs for Jesus, by Hunter
- In a system rigged for bosses, workers often lose even when they win, by Laura Clawson
- Leaving their chains behind them: freed slave colonization and emigration, by Denise Oliver Velez
- In case you were wondering:
- Don't miss this great take on neocon tantrums.
- Alaska may be the next state to enact a "stand your ground" law—along with a bonus:
A House panel has advanced what's known as a "stand your ground" bill.
HB24 would expand people's right to use deadly force as a means of self-defense ... That bill, by House Speaker Mike Chenault, would make it a felony for a federal official or agent to try to enforce any new restrictions on gun ownership.
Chenault initially proposed making it a misdemeanor, but the latest version of his bill strengthens that penalty.
Fox News, in their infinite journalistic wisdom, (and apparently by accident,) used a same-sex couple’s wedding photo to illustrate an anti-equality anti-feminism op-ed by a conservative author. This is a story that you really need to follow closely to grasp its full karmic, delicious beauty.
- This won't end well:
Steven Seagal: gift that keeps on giving.
Seagal, a burly martial arts expert turned actor, guided 48 volunteers through various aspects of responding to a shooting, including room-to-room searches, and critiqued their work.Does actor Steven Seagal have any real tactical training, you might wonder? Well, he is trained in aikido, and we’re not experts or anything, but aikido seems to have limited applicability when it comes to taking down an armed, active shooter who may or may not have hollow-point bullets and a military-style assault weapon. And he has been a deputy sheriff on a reality TV show, but there is no mention of any rigorous training program for deputy sheriffs or for playing on one on reality TV. But we are just bloggers, tapping away at our computers from the comfort of our mother’s basements, so what do we know?
“I am here to try to teach the posse firearms and martial arts to try to help them learn how to respond quicker and help protect our children,” Seagal said.
A couple of Ron Paul’s supporters used their God-given autonomy and the free market to boldly register ronpaul.com a few years ago. Now, Ron wants it back. The domain owners have made him a fair offer — they’ll give him ronpaul.org, but if he wants ronpaul.com, that’ll be $250K (or 145 Kruggerrands, or 8,234,888,422 Ameros).
In response, Paul filed a complaint to with the WIPO, the organization that deals with domain name disputes, or as ronpaul.com’s authors call it, a UN Tribunal.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin noted that Republicans still haven't wrapped their heads around losing the election. That gave us a chance for a little explainer on what remains of the Senate hold, and the attempt to block Hagel & Brennan. And just for fun, did the blizzard have 2016 implications? Then, #GunFAIL and a nod to the New York Times & NBC news for stepping up their coverage. Armando reminded us today's the 7th anniversary of Harry Whittington unconscionably putting his face in the way of Dick Cheney's shotgun. Breaking news of the shooting in Delaware broke into the discussion as well.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...62 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:24 comments 40 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 265 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.