|• Portion of its annual budget that the state of Texas gives back in tax incentives to corporations: 1/2
• Amount the National Rifle Association’s Victory Fund spent on the 2012 election: $11,159,493
• Percentage of that spending that went to support winning candidates: 0.44
• Percentage of Americans under the age of thirty who can identify Roe v. Wade as a decision about abortion: 44
• Chance a prisoner seeking a commutation of sentence under President Clinton received one: 1 in 90
• Under George W. Bush: 1 in 780
• Under Barack Obama: 1 in 6,631
Blast from the Past. At Daily Kos on this date in 2007—Aide: Rice Lied ... oops ... “Misled” Congress About Iran:
|A breakthrough in Iran-U.S. relations—a proposal from Iran in 2003 in which "an end to Iran's support for anti-Israel militants and acceptance of Israel's right to exist" was offered—was shunted aside by then-National Security advisor Rice, according to a former member of the NSC.
And as Secretary of State, she lied last week—or rather "misled"—Congress about it, the ex-aide said today
On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin brings us a collection of stories about the post-election efforts of pollsters to recalibrate the machinery, including their likely voter models, plus some speculation on the crack-up of the Republican Party. Guns are, still in the headlines, as are Wayne LaPierre's latest ravings. We read from Ari Berman's coverage of the appointment of Ben Ginsburg to President Obama's voting rights commission, and FreeThoughtBlogs.com dissection of the ridiculous claim that there were no gun accidents in the time of the Founders.