You can click here to donate to Markey's campaign: https://secure.actblue.com/...It isn't every day you get the chance to double down on success so soon.
In 2012, DFA members in Massachusetts and across the country worked their hearts out to send Elizabeth Warren to the U.S. Senate. Now, in the special election to replace Senator Kerry, we have the chance to send her a strong ally -- Ed Markey, the only tried and true progressive in the race.DFA is proud to endorse Ed Markey to be the next U.S. Senator from Massachusetts -- now let's get to work.
We've got 50 days to make Ed the Democratic nominee, and it's going to take all hands on deck. Donate $1.71 or more today to add another true progressive champion to the Senate:
Ed's record of progressive leadership is second to none. From his first day in office, he's stood up to special interests and spoken truth to power.* He co-authored the Waxman-Markey climate change bill, fought for universal access to quality healthcare, and is a rock-solid defender of Social Security and Medicare. In the Senate, Ed won't just vote the right way -- he'll be a powerful leader and advocate for us all.
But getting there won't be easy. Ed is facing a tough primary from a pro-life, centrist Democrat who is keeping this race way too close for comfort. And unlike Scott Brown, the Republican candidates are all calling for millions of dollars in outside spending, making the general election anything but certain.
But that's just one more thing Ed and DFA members have in common: When everything is on the line, neither is afraid of a good fight.
The April 30th primary is only six weeks away -- it's time for us to go all in. Pitch in $1.71 or more to Ed Markey's campaign today:
Thanks for all you do,
Michael Langenmayr, Political Director
Democracy for America
*No joke: Ed once had his desk moved into the hallway after he passed a sweeping reform bill that angered powerful interests controlling the Massachusetts State House. We need Ed's courage in the Senate -- help out with a donation today:
U.S. Senate candidate, Congressman Ed Markey (D. MA-5), just picked up another big endorsement from Democracy For America:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
JekyllnHyde, cosette, Burned, AnotherMassachusettsLiberal, Wary, ScottyUrb, jarbyus, Michael Langenmayr, CuriousBoston, pistolSO, JGibson, ShoshannaD
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...218 comments 220 Recs
- Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...45 comments 31 Recs
- Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...93 comments 78 Recs
- Gubernatorial frontrunner GOP Sen. David ...7 comments 8 Recs
- A confluence of two ideas: the Democrats are not being serious about hiking the minimum wage AND Bernie Sanders makes a more formal presidential campaign announcement today. These are connected ideas.233 comments 148 Recs
- Ann Kirkpatrick Tuesday morning brought some exciting news for Arizona Democrats, as Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced she'd run against veteran ...57 comments 59 Recs
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- No current results.