Here's the petition again: http://www.edmarkey.com/...Big Oil companies like BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, and Shell make billions of dollars in profits every year.
So why are Republicans in Congress giving them a free ride?
Oil and gas companies currently hold drilling leases that allow them to produce oil and gas from our waters without paying one cent in royalties to the American people.
Oil and gas companies shouldn't get a free ride while families struggle to get by. Click here to tell Congress: No more free rides for Big Oil:
This isn't just about fairness. It's about what's best for our economy.
Allowing oil and gas companies to use resources that belong to the American people without paying for them has already cost taxpayers more than $11 billion in forgone revenue, and is expected to cost another $15.5 billion over the next decade.
We simply cannot afford to squander tens of billions of taxpayer dollars by continuing to allow oil and gas companies to drill for free on our public lands.
It's time for this wasteful practice to end -- and I need you standing with me. Add your voice: Tell Congress the free rides need to end right now!
Received this e-mail today from Senate candidate and climate hawk, Congressman Ed Markey (D. MA-5):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
ichibon, AnotherMassachusettsLiberal, praenomen, DWG, TiredOfGOPLies, ScottyUrb, Calamity Jean, carver, Nebraskablue, DefendOurConstitution, Words In Action, AnnieR, 420 forever, Steve Canella, Chaddiwicker, jbob, northerntier
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- The media are more interested in ...268 comments 280 Recs
- Stand up and say you're mad as hell and you won't take it anymore! Elizabeth Warren was a guest speaker this week at The Code Conference —"where top industry influencers in ...45 comments 88 Recs
- Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here .148 comments 2 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...21 comments 17 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...430 comments 123 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...22 comments 15 Recs
- Oh, seriously. Democrats are whining about, heaven forbid, a bit of pressure from unions to actually vote correctly on fast track and the Trans Pacific Partnership. Grow up--and if you can't cast a ...135 comments 245 Recs
- and Sen. Clinton, and Sen. Warren and MoveOn and People for the American Way and Friends Committee on National Legislation and Democratic Nationnal Committee and DailyKos and so many others. But, ...116 comments 172 Recs
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...222 comments 229 Recs
- Bernie Sanders continued bringing the truth to the media world on CNBC's John Harwood. “I think it’s sick, and I think these people are so greedy. They’re so out of touch with reality, and ...160 comments 454 Recs
- No current results.