Now the Okiciyap group is back asking for help, I know you all like to help but you ask, “What is in it for me?” Well let me show you, members of the Daily Kos Quilt Guild have built a beautiful hand crafted quilt and it could be yours! The auction starts March 27th. Read the rules below explaining how to bid on the Okiciyap Quilt. If you win, not only will it warm your heart, but you can also wrap yourself in the quilt and feel a warm hug from the community to which this cause is important.
address for direct donations to the: Okiciyap (we help) Food Pantry
OKICIYAP QUILT AUCTION RULES 2013
1) Auction runs from 5:00 p.m. (12:00 CT) Wednesday, March 27th to Sunday, April 7 at approximately 7:00 p.m. CT. The last two+ hours of the auction will be held online. If no higher bids are posted by 7:10 p.m. the best bid before 7:00 p.m. will be declared the winner.
1.1)The auction will end as soon as no higher bids are posted within 10 minutes of the highest bid received. Final bids will be decided by the time posted on the message. The decision of the judges on winning bid is final.
1.2)After the final bid is decided and the successful bidder notified, the donation will be made, and once confirmed, BeadLady will send the quilt to the lucky winner!
2) Bids will be accepted by making comments in diaries, as well as by kosmailing weck and/or glorificus at any time.
2.1) If you wish to remain anonymous, you may set that up with weck or glorificus in advance, and we will use a number when we post your bids in a diary. (example = Anon-02)
2.2) If you want to leave an absentee bid, you may do that with either weck or glorificus. We will need to know the highest amount you are willing to bid and we will place those bids for you in 10 dollar increments as the bidding progresses throughout the auction. If the bidding goes higher than you first authorized, you may contact the same person again with a new top limit, or bid in the diaries. Absentee bids should be
placed with weck or glorificus as far in advance as possible.
3) Bidding by groups is allowed, as long as only one contact name is used. Please let us know the details of your group and who is the official spokesperson for the group.
4) Bidding is in minimum increments of $10.00. You may bid in higher increments that can be divided evenly by $10.00.
4.1) Bids must be in U.S. funds.
5) weck and glorificus will do their best to inform all bidders of the newest high bid. To receive this information in you Kosmail box, please ask weck or glorificus to join Daily Kos Quilt Guild Auction Alliance group.
5.1) We will send groupmail to everyone (Each member will be made an editor for the duration of the auction) Reminder*A groupmail won't show up on your main page; you will have to check for messages manually.*
6) A PayPal link will be included for other donations to Okiciyap. While we cherish the thought that you may choose to donate to Okiciyap during the auction, there is no advantage in the auction to doing that. It is not necessary to donate through the PayPal to Okiciyap to participate in the auction. To use the paypal link, click on the link that goes to the Okiciyap Pantry's new website.
7) The winning bidder can make payment arrangements that are not through PayPal with weck or glorificus. We know that some folks don't use Paypal.
8) The winning bidder will have 48 hours to confirm their success. After 48 hours, the judges may, at their discretion, offer the second highest bidder the opportunity to redeem the quilt. The decision of the judges is final.
P.O. Box 172
Isabel, South Dakota, 57633