Daily Kos Radio's Kagro in the Morning show podcasts are now available through iTunes.
Did you know that the TSA typically finds about 900 guns on airport passengers and in luggage each year? And that the problem has been getting worse and worse in recent years, to the point where they found 1,543 of them last year (1,215 of which were loaded)?
And did you know that the excuse most often—in fact, almost universally—given is that the passenger "forgot" they had the gun?
Isn't that amazing? What happened to all the rhetoric about how they just can't—and won't—live without their guns? You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold, dead hands... or when I forget I even have them in the first place?
So what's up here? Are 1,500+ formerly Law Abiding, Responsible Gun OwnersTM lying to authorities? Or are they really forgetting they have guns with them, in which case we have yet another reason to question the real value of having all these armed people around in a moment of crisis? "Well, I would have totally taken out that mass shooter, but I forgot I had a gun!"
Fascinating. But of course, there's more than just that going on. We'll continue to reflect on the goings on at the Supreme Court this week, check the day's top stories, and generally dig out some interesting stuff for you to start your day.
We're LIVE at 9 a.m. ET with Kagro in the Morning, thanks to NetrootsRadio.com.
Listen LIVE here:The Daily Kos Radio PlayerOr if you prefer, why not download the Stitcher app on your favorite mobile device, and search for the Netroots Radio live stream? And hey, when you do, be sure to sign up with the promo code DAILYKOS, and earn Daily Kos Radio $1 in the Stitcher affiliate program!
Please do remember to "favorite" us while you're at Stitcher. We're bouncing up and down in the rankings these days, and the more of you who help us, the more listeners out there who'll find us on the Stitcher network.
Miss the last show? You can catch it here:Need more info on how to listen? Find it below the fold.
We've been having some chronic problems with the phone-in system, and it's rightly pointed out that if we can't deliver on the promise, we shouldn't hold out the offer.
I'll see what we can do to get the tech straightened out so that we can open the doors again, soon!
Ways to Listen to Kagro in the Morning:
Your options to listen LIVE:
- Click on the embedded Flash player above
- Go to netrootsradio.com and click on the embedded player or direct link there
- Click on this direct link if you need a non-Flash player, say, for iPad or iPhone
- iPad and iPhone users can download the SHOUTCast Radio app for your mobile device & search for "Netroots Radio"
- Download the Stitcher app and search for "Netroots Radio" to find the live stream there. (Don't forget to use the DAILYKOS promo code when you sign up!)
- On iTunes, find Netroots Radio under Radio>News/Talk Radio
- For Android: try either the "StreamFurious" or "TuneIn" apps
- BlackBerry users, see this guide by idbecrazyif
And here's a new tip: If the player hiccups or drops the audio between the shows, just go ahead and stop and restart it, and things should go smoothly after that.
If you miss the show, or just can't listen live, you can:
- find podcasts on the Daily Kos Radio group page
- find individual podcasts, or subscribe to the feed (free!) via iTunes
- download them via RSS
- find them on demand at Stitcher.com
Things you can do to help us grow:
- download the Stitcher app on your phone, search for the show, "favorite" it and help us rise in their rankings and take over the world
- like us on Facebook
- follow @DailyKosRadio on Twitter
- Feel free to download the show, edit and post your favorite clips for sharing via social media
Thanks for all your support, and enjoy the show!