So a while back Daily Kos selected Gopasaurus as the GOP's mascot. Now, how about picking a flag for them? My own suggestion below.
I had earlier designed this flag for another discussion, where I labeled the Red State portion of the country the Roviet Union:
The cross, at least where right-wingers are involved in it, represents Christofascism, bigotry, and anti-science nuttery. The sickle, being a foreshortened scythe, represents the GOP's degenerate deathmongering. And, of course, the star that shines down from heaven on both of the previous, guiding all of their moral decisions, is the dollar sign. And red to represent evil, bloodthirsty scumbaggery - but also after the electoral map color for the GOP.
So, come up with your own ideas for a Republican Party flag - please include both an image and a description - and if enough ideas are submitted, I'll add a poll at some point with the most popular by Recs.
1. Submit as many ideas as you want.
2. Can't be identical to a real flag that exists, so no Confederate battle flags or swastikas unless they're redesigned in some way to specifically address the Republican Party.
3. The ubiquitous cliche of the US flag with corporate logos in the star field shouldn't be used unaltered: It would be unfair for the person who simply posts a picture of an already pervasive meme to take credit for it. However, feel free to make significantly original variations on it and explain your contribution.
4. You're more than welcome to make variations on my Roviet Union flag, or on the original Soviet flag that inspired it.
5. Feel free to submit nontrivial variations on someone else's submitted idea.